Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Geographic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to laugh when the guy said ' the robots fit the body panels with pinpoint accuracy' and did anyone spot the GRAND DAHLIA ?

Did they mention the other production line manned by people under pressure to get the car to the next stage.

I don't have access to discovery, but curious to know how they fit the windscreen, ideally the manual line if anyone can post a screen grab please! All sorted now but we got a scratch on the inside of the windscreen and a puncture mark in the headlining - I'm convinced it was done when fitting the screen.

Did they mention the other production line manned by people under pressure to get the car to the next stage.

I don't have access to discovery, but curious to know how they fit the windscreen, ideally the manual line if anyone can post a screen grab please! All sorted now but we got a scratch on the inside of the windscreen and a puncture mark in the headlining - I'm convinced it was done when fitting the screen.

They didn’t show any of the glass fitting that I noticed. The only really interesting bit for me was an all too brief few minutes about the batteries inside the Gigafactory.

It was all very light and fluffy, padded out with some EV history and the like.

Reactions: MrBadger
I have seen (in person) the robot fit roof glass on the MS production line so the robots do do the activity. Interesting many manufacturers are using laser scans to check measurements at key stages, can’t remember if Tesla do this (I guess not for panels and glazing).

In the next program immediately afterwards it said all the guitars made in the US piled together would be the size of a large pyramid. Strangly they said the same about Tesla batteries in the Tesla program.

I wonder if you piled together all the hype from Elon it would also be the size of a large pyramid.

I laughed when they dubbed in engine noises when they were being driven off the end of the production line

Likewise. Why would they do that? You'd think Tesla's PR department would have had final say over all footage involving their cars or factory.

Surely everyone (including the sound editor during production) knows that EVs don't make that noise?!