Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navak USB combo hub (Gen 2) ready to fly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I wanted to share with the community a new version of Navak USB combo hub. I kept the original form factor but now it packs more punch into the same size. It`s a true combo hub with 2 USB ports and built-in micro SD card reader.

"CHARGER" port now supports data + charging 1.5A max current (BC 1.2 compliant port)
"DATA" port now has 500mA power budget
and finally built-in micro SD card reader!

I believe this is the best solution for Model Y owners since it comes with a single USB Type-A port for accessories.
Built-in micro SD card reader and high endurance micro SD card in my opinion is the best combination for Dash-cam/Sentry mode. Specially, with the new 2020.16.2.1 version software update you can now format the micro SD and view the footage from the car screen.

Let me know your thoughts!

Image_4.jpg Image_5.jpg Image_7.jpg Image_9.jpg Image_10.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to have the built in card reader. I had to buy one of those to go with the (2) navak devices I currently have. Progress! :)

For those that may not know, @Navak is a hardware engineer in his "day job" and made these USB devices to fit the desire for high speed charging using the existing USB ports on model 3s. I have 2 of the gen 1 devices and they have performed exactly as advertised, with no issues through multiple car updates since I received them.

Really love supporting the ingenuity of our community as well.

Since I have 2 gen 1 devices, and already have the SD adapter for my SD memory card, I dont need new ones, but its a great idea and upgrade.

(no relation or affiliation whatsoever, other than being a happy owner of the gen 1 device).

Nice to have the built in card reader. I had to buy one of those to go with the (2) navak devices I currently have. Progress! :)

For those that may not know, @Navak is a hardware engineer in his "day job" and made these USB devices to fit the desire for high speed charging using the existing USB ports on model 3s. I have 2 of the gen 1 devices and they have performed exactly as advertised, with no issues through multiple car updates since I received them.

Really love supporting the ingenuity of our community as well.

Since I have 2 gen 1 devices, and already have the SD adapter for my SD memory card, I dont need new ones, but its a great idea and upgrade.

(no relation or affiliation whatsoever, other than being a happy owner of the gen 1 device).
Thank you @jjrandorin for your continues support!

Reactions: lUtriaNt
FWIW I've been beta testing one of these for a few weeks (not sure if there's any difference between mine and production version?)

It's worked flawlessly- and now provides a way to have both dashcam storage and a game controller (as well as phone charging cable) attached to the same "original" car USB port... (and I've got a Gen1 Navak in the other port feeding phone cable and my USB music key)

FWIW I've been beta testing one of these for a few weeks (not sure if there's any difference between mine and production version?)

It's worked flawlessly- and now provides a way to have both dashcam storage and a game controller (as well as phone charging cable) attached to the same "original" car USB port... (and I've got a Gen1 Navak in the other port feeding phone cable and my USB music key)
Thanks @Knightshade!

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Hi all,

I wanted to share with the community a new version of Navak USB combo hub. I kept the original form factor but now it packs more punch into the same size. It`s a true combo hub with 2 USB ports and built-in micro SD card reader.

"CHARGER" port now supports data + charging 1.5A max current (BC 1.2 compliant port)
"DATA" port now has 500mA power budget
and finally built-in micro SD card reader!

I believe this is the best solution for Model Y owners since it comes with a single USB Type-A port for accessories.
Built-in micro SD card reader and high endurance micro SD card in my opinion is the best combination for Dash-cam/Sentry mode. Specially, with the new 2020.16.2.1 version software update you can now format the micro SD and view the footage from the car screen.

Let me know your thoughts!

View attachment 546844 View attachment 546845 View attachment 546846 View attachment 546847 View attachment 546848
Can you tell me more detail ?

I’ve also had the privilege of beta testing this device ... and let me tell you, it’s the REAL DEAL!

Unfortunately with Covid-19, I haven’t been doing nearly as much driving as usual, but what little I’ve been doing, the Navak all-in-one has been my steady companion. This is the one, folks.

I’ve got mine paired with a high-endurance 128gb microSD card.

Spectacular! This lets me have my Nomad wireless charger plugged in, plus two Xbox controllers, and the microSD card. Everything a guy could ask for!!!

Another Beta tester here. Worked flawlessly. A couple of questions:
  1. Didn't Gen 1 have a 2.1 amp output on the charge port?
  2. Is the only way to remove the micro SD card still require opening the case? It isn't difficult to do, and I don't see a need to do it often if at all, but I was curious.
ETA: I also have a Roadie and it worked fine in both Gen 1 and Gen 2
ETA 2: With the Gen 2, I currently have two music drives: one is the Micro SD in the Navak and the other is a USB thumb drive. I didn't put a lot of music on the Micro SD as I was just initially testing it, but you've got the option if you want it.

Another Beta tester here. Worked flawlessly. A couple of questions:
  2. Is the only way to remove the micro SD card still require opening the case? It isn't difficult to do, and I don't see a need to do it often if at all, but I was curious.
ETA: I also have a Roadie and it worked fine in both Gen 1 and Gen 2
ETA 2: With the Gen 2, I currently have two music drives: one is the Micro SD in the Navak and the other is a USB thumb drive. I didn't put a lot of music on the Micro SD as I was just initially testing it, but you've got the option if you want it.
@Kevy Baby thanks for your feedback.

Yes,you are correct Gen 1 have 2.1 amp but no data on charger port. Gen 2 have 1.5A and data also.

Technically you should not remove the micro SD card once its installed. I use a tweezers to remove it without opening the case.
Due to space limitation the micro SD card socket is push-in pull-out type.

Folks there has been some confusion about the charging speed on "CHARGER" port of Gen 1 and Gen 2.

Gen 1 "CHARGER" port output is up to 2.1A without data communication . It is for charging propose only.

Gen 2 "CHARGER" port output is 1.5A with data communication. Its a full USB port with extra current (It`s BC 1.2 compliant port).

thanks to @jjrandorin for bringing this up :)

G

Status
Not open for further replies.