Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot Disappears

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 with EAP, and I've been enjoying the latest update which added Navigate on Autopilot with its very neat function of lane changing automatically. Unfortunately, it has disappeared from my display. I was advised by Tesla central that this is a known issue and a firmware update to correct this problem is imminent.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dre78
All, there is a parallel thread on loss of Navigate on Autopilot and other anomalies. Tesla central had suggested a full three-minute Power Off (not just the two-thumb-brake screen re-boot). Safety and Security > Power Off. Have a watch handy... Do not touch anything for 3 full minutes. After 3 min press brake pedal.
I tried it and things seem to be returning. Will test drive later today. I had lost all release notes, and they returned. And there was a Customize Nav on AP button I had not seen before. Apparently a full Power Down connects the update dots.

Mine was gone for weeks. I let it go ... since it was a known glitch. But today was my final day of patience. I called Tesla and they told me to reboot... BAM- NoA back. Like magic. To test it without being on the highway- just program an address that utilizes highways and you can see if the option returns in the directions. :)

I got 2019.12.11 this morning. I am still having issues with navigation which impacts my NoA and makes it unavailable.

I did not do the 3 min reboot sequence. I did ask Tesla last I was in about that and the local SC said it shouldn't be needed. Consistency is key

I have this issue on my model S. NOA is there in settings but doesn’t work. Been over a month for me and the latest firmware 2019.16.2 doesn’t fix it. Tried the power-off reboot and had a mobile tech come by and load the latest version of maps.