Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sexy Buttons resume autopilot function - Brilliant !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up:
Today received S3XY buttons which I pre-ordered on 31st of January.
Sadly I am not home so cannot install.

But delivered by FedEx and did not have to pay any additional customs or anything:/

So 208 gbp as total cost. It feels like it is an unbeatable value

Reactions: KennethS
Heads up:

But delivered by FedEx and did not have to pay any additional customs or anything:/

Follow up - installed. Looks like it works.

Now just to make AP enabling without any sound and it is bearable ;))

For those of you who didnt know the Enhauto sexy button software had a Chrismas update in December, one of the new functions is resume autopilot, this is a great function and IMHO worth the money of the buttons on its own.
When driving with autopilot on you indicate to change lanes, which cancels the autopilot, then once the indicator cancels it automatically resumes autopilot after a preset number of seconds (I have mine set to 3). Since the update I've driven about 1000 miles on UK motorways and it works great !!
Does this mean u can use fsd without touching the steering wheel? Only stalks to switch lanes?

Heads up:

Give it a few more days and you’ll likely receive an invoice in the post from FedEx asking for import duties.
You would still have to pay 20% VAT with a local distributor, as it is they shouldn’t be charging local VAT for exports so should come out even except for any courier surcharge?
They charge 0% VAT so any duties & VAT are levied at the local rate.

So My Sexy buttons / commander have few uses and my favorite settings are:
  1. Autopilot auto resume -- this alone is worth to spend 250 gbp (I purchased those with Bjorn's referal which provided like 10% or 15% off)... as majority of my miles are in motorway, changing lanes with basic AP is much less annoying. still bing bongs ( i would like to meet engineer who decided to implement this audio BS)
  2. Rear Passenger door handle - Keep holding door handle at "open position" - unlocks the charger port. Before that, in order to release non-tesla charger, you had to either unlock it from inside either open the app, wait it to connect to car, then press unlock. Now - it's done while standing close to the charger port. sweet!
  3. One of the buttons is fixed on the right steering wheel poke, on the rear side. Action - enable autopilot. no more double tapping the gear lever - straight into action.
  4. One of buttons is also stuck to the glove box. Short press - open glove box (wife is happy with this one), long press - all cabin lights on.

Potentially - few more applications.. I like how the dashboard reports power and battery levels, degradation, etc.

haven't tried the "drift mode" yet... ;)

Reactions: piffmunday
So My Sexy buttons / commander have few uses and my favorite settings are:
  1. Autopilot auto resume -- this alone is worth to spend 250 gbp (I purchased those with Bjorn's referal which provided like 10% or 15% off)... as majority of my miles are in motorway, changing lanes with basic AP is much less annoying. still bing bongs ( i would like to meet engineer who decided to implement this audio BS)
  2. Rear Passenger door handle - Keep holding door handle at "open position" - unlocks the charger port. Before that, in order to release non-tesla charger, you had to either unlock it from inside either open the app, wait it to connect to car, then press unlock. Now - it's done while standing close to the charger port. sweet!
  3. One of the buttons is fixed on the right steering wheel poke, on the rear side. Action - enable autopilot. no more double tapping the gear lever - straight into action.
  4. One of buttons is also stuck to the glove box. Short press - open glove box (wife is happy with this one), long press - all cabin lights on.

Potentially - few more applications.. I like how the dashboard reports power and battery levels, degradation, etc.

haven't tried the "drift mode" yet... ;)
I don't have the bravery to try "drift mode" 😀

Two functions we find useful are fold/unfold mirrors (using a button on the top of the driver door near the mirror) and two/three flash hazard "thank you". One great thing is the company is frequently improving and adding features.

Did you guys install front or back?

Was it easy?

Anybody installed it in a highland yet (realise the HL specific version isn’t out yet).
I have done both, Initially I had the buttons with the old commander which I installed in the back, then I bought the Knob and installed the new commander in the front. Both were easy to do and well coverd y the videos

In case anyone's interested I also bought their phone holder which is another great product particularly if you want to use their dashboard as this gives you a display right in front of the driver just like a standard dash - Note I'm not on comission from enhance auto !!
It should be noted that the installation of the phone holder on a right hand drive car is not as straightforward as the video's suggest, I had to splice some extra cable in to the product as it wasnt long enough

I wish the phone holder was MagSafe instead of clip-in. Deal breaker for me. -
I have this; https://amzn.eu/d/5pNfb3S and it works great to securely hold and charge the phone, in multiple different positions. OK, it's not directly behind the steering wheel as a 'dash' would be, but in that position you'd need to be reaching through the top of the wheel to do stuff, and I don't think that's a good idea.