Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sexy Buttons resume autopilot function - Brilliant !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this one, just moments before Enhauto started offering their holder:

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.12.44.png

It has MagSafe and comes with two adhesive magnet rings to stick to your non-iPhone. I use an old Samsung S10, which does it's job as S3XY dashboard very well.

The advantages over Enhauto's offering are:
  • MagSafe support, i.e. easier placement and removal of the phone
  • Less intrusive to install. No tools or dissasembly required.
  • Much cheaper. I paid €45.90 last year.
The main disadvantage however:
  • It's currently unavailable...

MagSafe is a proprietary technology though. I have an iPhone, but it doesn't make much sense for a manufacturer like this to be making something for one phone maker only.
Apple basically gave up their patents around magsafe and allowed it to become the Qi2 standard, over the next year or so many Android phones will adopt Qi2 so become compatible.

Ultimately, most of it is just a pattern of magnets.

I have this; https://amzn.eu/d/5pNfb3S and it works great to securely hold and charge the phone, in multiple different positions. OK, it's not directly behind the steering wheel as a 'dash' would be, but in that position you'd need to be reaching through the top of the wheel to do stuff, and I don't think that's a good idea.
I would caution any phone mount designed to attach to the screen, especially as the force needed to remove from the magnet can potentially twist the screen slightly. I've seen Tesla rejecting warranty claims if there is damage (for whatever reason) but evidence of something having been attached that may have caused stress (including a screen protector in one case in the USA).

I use this instead & it's attached to the dash.

I would caution any phone mount designed to attach to the screen, especially as the force needed to remove from the magnet can potentially twist the screen slightly. I've seen Tesla rejecting warranty claims if there is damage (for whatever reason) but evidence of something having been attached that may have caused stress (including a screen protector in one case in the USA).

I use this instead & it's attached to the dash.
That looks quite nice. And ESR makes good quality products. 👍🏻

Well, it looks like they are delaying the Highland version of the S3XY knob, again, although funnily enough no communication or posting about the delay.

I am wondering if I should just continue to wait, try and cancel or see if I can swap the order to just buttons instead🤷‍♂️
1709812487915.png