Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sexy Buttons resume autopilot function - Brilliant !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who didnt know the Enhauto sexy button software had a Chrismas update in December, one of the new functions is resume autopilot, this is a great function and IMHO worth the money of the buttons on its own.
When driving with autopilot on you indicate to change lanes, which cancels the autopilot, then once the indicator cancels it automatically resumes autopilot after a preset number of seconds (I have mine set to 3). Since the update I've driven about 1000 miles on UK motorways and it works great !!

Yet, this would be so simple for Tesla to implement whilst providing another switch to turn the bongs off, if they really wanted to...
Anyway, well done Sexy Buttons !
Tesla do offer this, its just behind the paywall of EAP... Enhanced AutoPilot has lane change encompassed. It's not 100% the same thing, but near as damn it.... about £3,150 more than the S3XY Commander/Buttons though.

Reactions: KennethS
Tesla do offer this, its just behind the paywall of EAP... Enhanced AutoPilot has lane change encompassed. It's not 100% the same thing, but near as damn it.... about £3,150 more than the S3XY Commander/Buttons though.
They don't, what EAP does is do the lane change for you (very slowly) while this allows you to change lane yourself before it automatically resumes AutoPilot. 2 very different things.

They don't, what EAP does is do the lane change for you (very slowly) while this allows you to change lane yourself before it automatically resumes AutoPilot. 2 very different things.
That's true... What Tesla needs to do is refine the Lane Change in EAP imo. Now you mentions it, when I had my last M3 I did become reluctant to use the lane change in EAP as it didn't seem to have any sense of urgency, if it was a bit speedier about it I think more people would feel confident using it (If they already had EAP, I dont think anyone would pay 3k for EAP for it, when you can get this for about £250).

I'll look into this if I do end up getting S3XY to compensate for the Stalkless in EAP, especially as (like stated above) its a good 3k less than EAP.

For those of you who didnt know the Enhauto sexy button software had a Chrismas update in December, one of the new functions is resume autopilot, this is a great function and IMHO worth the money of the buttons on its own.
When driving with autopilot on you indicate to change lanes, which cancels the autopilot, then once the indicator cancels it automatically resumes autopilot after a preset number of seconds (I have mine set to 3). Since the update I've driven about 1000 miles on UK motorways and it works great !!
does it still have bing-bong? or it does it quietly?!

I wish tesla would just add the ability to press a button return to the previous speed set on cruise. Unfortunately the s3xy buttons don't do this either
Is this not one of the options in the config? I thinkine is set to the higher of the speed limit or my current speed which I find works well, but there is a toggle for other behaviours, I think the lower of current or speed limit?

And at one time you could Def touch the current speed sign on screen to set that speed. And fast scroll on the right button moves in 5mph chunks. (But you probably know that).

@devonian thanks for the info, that may be the function that tips the balance to getting some buttons. I wasn't willing to pay the price for a button to open the glove box, which is the only other thing I think is really missing. In early software there was a top level soft button for it which was ok, but these days my passenger has to go through the main config options screen, via a button on my sode of the screen, to get stuff out. Stupid design.

That would take away their market for EAP surely?

I have no knowledge, but is the bog standard AP offering on Tesla more, or less, than available as standard on other Marques?
It is inferior to the equivalent on my Wifes' Fiat 500e La Prima.

The Fiat version of AP remains active throughout a manual lane change, resuming control as soon as the car is fully into the new lane without snatching at the wheel or any annoying sounds. It's been seamless and smooth whenever I have used it.

The Fiat version of AP remains active throughout a manual lane change, resuming control as soon as the car is fully into the new lane without snatching at the wheel or any annoying sounds. It's been seamless and smooth whenever I have used it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKIMNG ABOUT ALL THE FUKCIN TIME

• Funny
Reactions: Utumno

Yeah, but it's only on the La Prima model which adds more cost than EAP so I wouldn't count it as 'standard'.

We have the same on a Nissan Leaf Techna, it's the Intel Mobileye software. Personally I've become so used to the way Tesla really takes control that I feel less confident with Mobileye, but I don't drive that car much and I'm sure I would get used to it.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Not sure I understand the workflow here- Right now do you hit the sexy button instead of a turn signal or in addition to it? I am trying to understand before I go try it.
It's a commander feature rather than being assigned to a button, so you configure it in the app and the if you change lanes whilst AP is enabled, it will re-enable it after the lane change is complete, provided your criteria are met (x amount of seconds later, and the speed is > what you set it to)