Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Navigate on Autopilot requires updated maps."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I set up an old AV500 powerline ethernet to put an access point right next to my car in the garage. The car didn't download anything all night, it was even showing only 3 bars even though it was literally 10 feet away from the AP. This morning I go to work and get back and as soon as I park it starts downloading a LOT, with full signal strength. I looked at my router logs and it downloaded 14.4GB of something in about 30 minutes. I got into the car and the NoA toggle still says to connect to WiFi to download maps, and there is no other software update available.

I don't know what it downloaded! And I don't know if the AP next to the car helped at all. It was definitely connected to the powerline AP last night since it has its own SSID.

Wish the car's interface exposed the download log so we know if something is being tried and failing.

• Love
Reactions: ediflyer
Wish the car's interface exposed the download log so we know if something is being tried and failing.

New 2019.12 software has “Software” tab in settings.
0489368C-943F-43F9-9350-EBD4911BA123.jpeg

Ooh! Is that a status bar I see showing how much of the update it has downloaded, presumably being able to assemble large downloads in chunks of data?

Yes, slow but steady... I don’t have a network that I can monitor traffic where I am currently so not sure how large of a file but almost complete. I will post another screenshot once done.

Attachments

• CA3F39E2-9812-4191-9A15-8944654A1361.jpeg
    CA3F39E2-9812-4191-9A15-8944654A1361.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Informative
Reactions: DCEV and MP3Mike
Got in my car with morning and Navigate on Autopilot is now available. Checked my router logs - nothing downloaded since my massive download yesterday evening but it's there now. Maybe it needs some time to decompress and install the maps and only does it when the car isn't in use. I also rebooted the car last night, but NoA wasn't available until this morning.

Got in my car with morning and Navigate on Autopilot is now available. Checked my router logs - nothing downloaded since my massive download yesterday evening but it's there now. Maybe it needs some time to decompress and install the maps and only does it when the car isn't in use. I also rebooted the car last night, but NoA wasn't available until this morning.

Showoff! :p:D

Great news! I got my Navigation on Autopilot update today so I am all set :)

Apparently it is a massive data file and I bet the software is smart enough to download the file in segments and assemble it.

Anyone else waiting for their update, be patient, and most likely you will see it enabled. It's awesome that 2019.12 shows a progress bar of downloads so it takes the guesswork out of wondering what is going on, as I bet Tesla Service is sick of people calling them about the status of software updates.

Reactions: noicepls
Hey all - I used the Tesla app to request maps update by requesting a service call. 1-day later, a Tesla tech called me and pushed the MAPS update to my M3. Need relatively strong wifi to get it. ~5 gb update. Took 1 hour to download and install. Once I got it, all BETA functions for HW 3.0 autopilot worked fine (traffic light snd stop signs). Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 67b37c19129b3731b78a2a113d8534d1.jpg
    67b37c19129b3731b78a2a113d8534d1.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 46