Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Audio Speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2015 70D with MCU2 recently was updated to 2023.26.7. Since then the navigation audio only comes out of the front center speaker. Before this update it came out of all the speakers. I’ve seen some posts where the opposite behaviour was mentioned (it used to only come from the front center speaker but after an update it comes from all the speakers). Does anyone know what the design-intent of this feature is: should nav audio come from all the speakers or just the front center speaker?

Reactions: richrootes
My 2015 70D with MCU2 recently was updated to 2023.26.7. Since then the navigation audio only comes out of the front center speaker. Before this update it came out of all the speakers. I’ve seen some posts where the opposite behaviour was mentioned (it used to only come from the front center speaker but after an update it comes from all the speakers). Does anyone know what the design-intent of this feature is: should nav audio come from all the speakers or just the front center speaker?
I have the same issue. Happened this week with the update. I tried the reboot using the scroll wheels but still same issue. Worked.fine before the update. Now navigation voice is only front middle speaker. 2013 model s. Any idea if this is a temporary situation and what can be done to fix it?

I've just found this thread, I have the same problem, what's worse is the indicator ticking seems to no longer be working or be REALLY quiet on the centre speaker. I've raised a service request to see if they have an answer.

Radio and Bluetooth seem unaffected.

We noticed this today - I personally thinks it’s a fantastic improvement. Separating the navigation from the music is one of the most logical things to be updated for a long time

I really like this update - new service mode toys too. I hope they keep adding them……especially for louvre calibration (hint hint if anyone from Tesla is reading)