Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife complains that the music audio does not mute when the navigation speaks. I looked for any settings and consulted the owners manual. The owners manuals seems to indicate there is no settings and that the music automatically mutes anytime the navigation is speaking. It does not mute on our car.
I'm wondering what other MYLR owners experience with this is and if I'm missing something.

We been looking for this ability since taking delivery of our June '22 MYP so hopefully someone will provide some insight if there is or isn't a way to mute music when navigation provides turns. We have also read the manual cover to cover and have not seen any reference to this unless we surely missed it.

I haven't tried it in my Model Y, but in my 3 you can change the volume of the navigation voice at the time when it is speaking. Otherwise, volume adjustments only affect the music. So try increasing the volume when the navigation voice is speaking...
This does work in the Y as well.

And under the settings for the trip you can also adjust the volume of the navigation audio.

Reactions: iamnid
My wife complains that the music audio does not mute when the navigation speaks. I looked for any settings and consulted the owners manual. The owners manuals seems to indicate there is no settings and that the music automatically mutes anytime the navigation is speaking. It does not mute on our car.
I'm wondering what other MYLR owners experience with this is and if I'm missing something.
I experienced the same issue. If anyone finds a solution it would be very much appreciated.

I haven't tried it in my Model Y, but in my 3 you can change the volume of the navigation voice at the time when it is speaking. Otherwise, volume adjustments only affect the music. So try increasing the volume when the navigation voice is speaking...
Yes, it does that and I just set the nav audio louder. That works for me, but my wife wants complete muting because she doesn't like the nav audio to be louder. Our previous car muted the music with nav speaking. She liked that.

In any event, thanks everyone for the replies.

Yes, it does that and I just set the nav audio louder. That works for me, but my wife wants complete muting because she doesn't like the nav audio to be louder. Our previous car muted the music with nav speaking. She liked that.

In any event, thanks everyone for the replies.
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the functionality that makes the left scroll wheel control the nav volume while speaking?

My reason is that I listen to a lot of streaming radio over apps from my home state. The audio / engineering levels on the stream are all over the place so I'm basically tethering my left volume scroll as the volume bounces around.

It inevitably bounces my nav volume all over the place. Is there a way to set my nav volume at a static ratio to the entertainment sound? Or to simply lock it at a certain level?

Thanks in advance,
Steve