Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed a couple navigation app bugs recently. Wondering if anyone else has seen it and how to correct it.

1. Turn-by-turn audio gets stuck - sounds like a skipping record. Ended up having to put her on mute. Fixed itself the next time I had to use route guidance.

2. Highlighting of the current route is corrupted on the 17" display. Instead of a solid blue line indicating my route, I will see mostly no highlighting except for small bits of blue every once in awhile. The heads up display on the dash screen shows the highlighting correctly. This one seems to be persistent - missing every time I use the route guidance.

2. Highlighting of the current route is corrupted on the 17" display. Instead of a solid blue line indicating my route, I will see mostly no highlighting except for small bits of blue every once in awhile. The heads up display on the dash screen shows the highlighting correctly. This one seems to be persistent - missing every time I use the route guidance.
I've had that happen a couple of times. A reboot of the center screen seems to have fixed it for me each time.

• Helpful
Reactions: BertL and kort677
Agree with @ibdb the reboot is the best workaround when this occurs. I rarely have the problem resolve by itself or through some other type of intervention before it soon happens again. In my experience, a very similar studder or skipping problem also happens upon occasion when I play USB music (which I do most of the time). Both seem to be firmware bugs and/or some priority problem ensuring time-dependent processes like audio are maintained when those processors are off attending to other things. I also seem to have more of these problems the longer it is between reboots of the 17". (...and no, I don't have a lot of Nav bookmarks.)

I would say that 99% of the time I don't have the blue navigation line on my 16S on the main screen, it's always on the heads up display and is a very annoying issue. I haven't been able to fix the issue... thoughts?

Noticed a couple navigation app bugs recently. Wondering if anyone else has seen it and how to correct it.

1. Turn-by-turn audio gets stuck - sounds like a skipping record. Ended up having to put her on mute. Fixed itself the next time I had to use route guidance.

What? There IS a heads-up display? I thought this was just some backroom tinkering for future rollouts. I'm looking for a M3 and only had distant hopes for a HUD development. Now you say it is real and in the wild? Is it robust? Is it good in light/dark driving conditions? Is it valuable or just gee-wiz?

What? There IS a heads-up display? I thought this was just some backroom tinkering for future rollouts. I'm looking for a M3 and only had distant hopes for a HUD development. Now you say it is real and in the wild? Is it robust? Is it good in light/dark driving conditions? Is it valuable or just gee-wiz?
I suspect @mrts1 is referencing the Instrument Cluster (IC), opposed to the 17" display. There is no HUD on any Tesla today.

Open the past year, I have had intermittent problems with the navigation and GPS. When an address is entered, the navigation will freeze on the console and the blue route line on the LCD will not match the actual location of the car. The cursor will drift around the map and eventually get lost. This renders the navigation absolutely useless.

In the past, a reset of the console and then the LCD would resolve the issue. After the last software update however, the resets will not correct the problem. The car was in at the service center for several days working with the engineering team in California.

Unfortunately, they were not able to correct the issue. The other day I received a call from customer service and they let me know that a number of owners are experiencing the same problem and that engineering is working on it however there's nothing that they currently can do.

It is very frustrating to know longer have reliable navigation in the car, hopefully we will have a resolution soon.

The HomeLink also will not functional the car can not determine its location. The service center thought that the car was not able to read the satellite information and process the location, however I'm not sure if that is the actual problem.