Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation frozen and autosteer limited to 45mph. 2019.12.1.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received latest update on 4/29. Everything working great up until this morning. My navigation map is frozen and the red arrow is just stuck at home. Even the map in the smaller screen is stuck as well. I've tried deleting destinations and even chose a destination in my history but the map just won't update. Autopilot and autosteer are available and working however its limited to only 45mph which i suspect is due to the navigation thinking i am still at home and the speed limit on my road is 45 mph.

I tried the hard reset with the scroll buttons and brake at least 4-5 times and it hasn't fixed the problem. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I have a 2018 XP100D AP2.5.

I called Tesla service and they think its firmware related and scheduled a service appt for next week.

I had the same issue where the map was frozen, although I was travelling.
try do a hard reset (press break pedal and push both wheels on steering wheel until the screen goes black), you are not going to be able to drive during the process (about 3 minutes for mine). also report the time and date of the reset to Tesla as they keep track and review these problems.
mine was fixed and never happened again.

I mentioned it to the service team when I was there for an unrelated issue, they said i did the right thing as that is what they would have done anyhow.

In regard of the autopilot stuck at 45, in the setting there is an "absolute speed" option, i changed that to relative and selected *MPH above speed limit.

let me know if it works. good luck

This was a regular occurrence for me (sometimes stuck where I was parked, sometimes suddenly stuck during a drive) back in 2017 and the early part of 2018. It was 100% firmware bug back then, through several versions, and rebooting wouldn't ever help, but it would unstick when it unstuck, between drives.

I had the same issue where the map was frozen, although I was travelling.
try do a hard reset (press break pedal and push both wheels on steering wheel until the screen goes black), you are not going to be able to drive during the process (about 3 minutes for mine). also report the time and date of the reset to Tesla as they keep track and review these problems.
mine was fixed and never happened again.

I mentioned it to the service team when I was there for an unrelated issue, they said i did the right thing as that is what they would have done anyhow.

In regard of the autopilot stuck at 45, in the setting there is an "absolute speed" option, i changed that to relative and selected *MPH above speed limit.

let me know if it works. good luck

Still frozen. I’m almost certain it’s a firmware issue. The auto steer is still limited at 45mph but when I disengage it, it makes a different tone then normal. My homelink didn’t engage when I got home like it usually does and the cell service is sporadic at best. I hope this gets resolved soon.

So ive had 2 failed software updates and just this afternoon out of no where, my navigation and autosteer along with homelink and all other features are functioning normally. I didn't perform a reset or anything, it just started working normally. Weird. Hopefully now the software update will succeed.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
""... and just this afternoon out of no where, my navigation and autosteer along with homelink and all other features are functioning normally. I didn't perform a reset or anything, it just started working normally. Weird. ..."

Same symptoms of no nav nor homelink for me on my 2018 100D. Though my auto steer works, but it sees 'ghosts' from being stuck in Kegel canyon(no jokes) above L.A. for the last week and a half. I wish it would just fix itself like yours. Tomorrow I go to SC.