Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation voice directions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the car in late December and never needed the navigation until yesterday. Before rebooting I was first inquiring as to whether this was normal behaviour or not
1) I don't recall having this problem. My recollection is that the sound/speakers around the driver get automatically muffled/turned_down when the navigation is commuicating.
2) The navigation has it's own volume control --- accessible while navigation is speaking or from within the navigation settings.

Manual: Volume Control
Roll the scroll button on the left side of the steering wheel up or down to increase or decrease volume respectively. The scroll button adjusts the volume for media, navigation instructions, or phone calls, based on what is currently being heard through the speakers. You can also adjust the volume by touching the arrows associated with the speaker icon on the bottom of the touchscreen. To mute the volume, press the left scroll button. Press again to unmute.

1) I don't recall having this problem. My recollection is that the sound/speakers around the driver get automatically muffled/turned_down when the navigation is commuicating.
2) The navigation has it's own volume control --- accessible while navigation is speaking or from within the navigation settings.

I’ll try a reboot to see because what you described above is not happening. Radio volume stays the same and the navigation just talks over it.

I’ll try a reboot to see because what you described above is not happening. Radio volume stays the same and the navigation just talks over it.

Also I pointed out for you to turn up the Nav volume which is separate from the music volume.

Below is FROM the X manual. My recollection was that it would just turn it down for the driver. My Xs have different audio systems. 1st was the premimum. Not sure if they act differently. I wouldn't think this basic functionality would tho.
Note: If you're playing media and you receive a phone call, or the navigation system is speaking directions, the volume of what you are listening to is temporarily muted.

I just started noticing the same issue after upgrading from MCU1 to MCU2 over the weekend. With MCU1 the audio sound would mute in the front (or at least on the driver side) while navigation voice is on. Now with MCU2 they both come on top of each other making navigation harder to understand. I am wondering if this is issue is related to MCU2 or a firmware bug.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200

This is exactly the way mine works in 2016 MX P100D.

Reactions: scottf200