TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Nebraska owners of Model S ?

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by dzhowe, Jun 11, 2013.

1. dzhowe

dzhowe Member

Hello,

I am new to this forum and am expecting my red p85 June 27th. I, like everyone here, am very excited about this revolutionary car. Just wanted to know the other MS owners in Nebraska. icon7.gif

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

3. dzhowe

dzhowe Member

thanks for the reply, Jerry.

let me know next time you and your Tesla model s come to Lincoln area. Also, just read there will be a service center in omaha--coming soon !!

4. dzhowe

dzhowe Member

My P85 at home

5. D.PICKERILL

D.PICKERILL New Member

I live in Milford (17 miles west of Lincoln) and own a pearl white P85. I know of one MS in Lincoln and one Roadster. I got mine late February and have put on about 6700 miles and love it.

6. dzhowe

dzhowe Member

A big husker hello!

Wonderful to hear from you and thank you! I saw your car once heading north on 84th between A and O couple of weeks ago. That car was irresistible.

Yes, let's do something for fun. we can help promote EV in general and Tesla in particular.

7. dzhowe

dzhowe Member

Front bracket for license plate

Finally got the certificate of origin from tesla, registered the car today. Paid the sales tax, property tax, plus $75 dollars penalty for not having an engine that burns fuel! :scared:!

The problem is that my car came with a rear bracket only. No front bracket for the other plate. The state of Nebraska requires two plates. How did you guys do it?

Appreciate all ideas/advices.

ZH

8. jerry33

Did you look in the rear well? That's where mine was (It's still there :)

9. dzhowe

dzhowe Member

Thanks, jerry. i just looked as you suggested and found the naked bracket in the rear well. No "TESLA" logo, no chrome frame. Just black plastic. No wonder it is still in the well of your car. It will remain in the well in my car, too.

ZH

10. Vexar

Vexar Member

Look up the "Front license plate mod" on this forum. There is this one:
    Front license plate options? - Page 17
    and I did the one with the well nuts with bolts that expand into the hex lattice. It works great up in MN and it looks so much better!

11. jerry33

Just bear in mind that some of the airflow is blocked with that setup. Not a problem in MN, but further south...?

12. dzhowe

dzhowe Member

Thanks Vexar. I'll try to put the front plate on once I receive the chrome plate cover with TESLA logo. Chicago service center is sending me one. (Joe at Chicago svc ctr is awesome!)

To Jerry. I prefer not to put it on, but I get nurveous when I see a cop on the road. Maybe I'm just too chicken?

13. jerry33

The thing to do is when you are at a stop light, look to see how many cars in the opposite direction have front plates (particularly the nicer cars). If you don't see any, then it's a risk. If you see a few then the risk is low. Here I sometimes see as many as 20% with no front plates--even though technically you're supposed to have them.

14. dzhowe

dzhowe Member

New sighting !

I was driving close to whole foods in Omaha yesterday and saw a red ms driving south. I wanted to give him a wave, but he was on the opposite side of a divided road. Looked like he got black wheels.

Any other sightings?

15. jjs

jjs New Member

Nebraska Tesla Club Forming

To dzhowe and all other Nebraska (and Western Iowa) Tesla owners. A Nebraska Tesla Club is forming and this is an open invitation for all to join. We are just looking to occasionally get together socially and share stories and helpful hints about our Teslas, EVs or whatever the group feels appropriate. We hope all area Tesla owners will join. If you know of other owners be sure to send them an invitation too. We look forward to meeting other early adopters. We are the early formative stages (an email went out to some owners this morning and we are now up to 7) but would like our first get together to be sometime in the next few weeks.

To get added to the email distribution list (i.e. join the club) please send jjs a private message and I will respond with contact information and detail next steps.

Best regards,

jjs

16. dzhowe

dzhowe Member

Thanks. Count me in.

zh-Lincoln

we have two other owners in or near Lincoln. I'll make sure they know about this.(I think they do)

17. Devin707

Devin707 Member

We just moved from Omaha to DC, but I expect we'll be back in a couple years--hopefully in time for the Supercharger to be stood up!

18. der

der New Member

I live in Okoboji IA .... picking up a red P85 in June. I'll have a HPWC at my house near The Inn, at Lake Okoboji ... if you're coming up from Nebraska and need some juice, feel free to email me. Go Big Red. Dave

19. der

der New Member

Hi Jerry - I talked with you when you were in Lincoln, and you gave my friend Don, a ride. Just wanted to say thank you for the courtesy you showed him. He was grinning all of the way home and couldn't stop talking about how great your car is. Thanks, again. Dave

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if the new Omaha service center will also have a (Super) charging station with it. Any news on that?

20. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Service Centers rarely have Superchargers, but often have 80 Amp HPWC's. Another good reason to order dual chargers.