Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEC Pick up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Simon,

I was not aware there is a pickup at the NEC. AFAIK they are at St Andrews near the city centre. That's where I picked mine up from.
We have also been offered the NEC as a pick up. That has to be better than travelling to Birmingham City Center with all the current road works that currently surround the St Andrews location. I say this as someone who lives in Birmingham.

Collected today. Pick up point is ‘Hall 16' which for those who’ve been to the NEC is a semi-permanent tent outside the Atrium - the bit towards Resorts World with the smaller halls.
Advantages: easy to get to by road and rail. Process v efficient and staff perfectly pleasant.
But it really isn’t the same experience as picking up a new car at a dealership. You’re in a drafty canvas Cathedral Of Doom and it owes more to the sausage factory than a premium buying experience! Disappointed it hadn’t been charged. Very pleased with the car but the experience was a bit meh, TBH...

Reactions: SimonH1981
I'm picking up from NEC Hall 16, on 8th June. for mr SR+, I can't wait. interesting it is more of a tent than permanent building. at east car will be in the dry, and better chance to inspect.
How long did they allow you to inspect the car before insisting you left? Id PDI it for them?
Chris
Take as long as you need. Don't let them hurry you.

I just wanted to reach out to the forum to see if anybody has picked up there car at the NEC Birmingham UK? and to see what the experience is like?

Thanks in advance,

Simon
Simon, I picked up my car from NEC, Hall 16, 2 weeks ago and it was a breeze. The staff were helpful and gave me time to look over the car after confirming it was paid for. The car was fine and I just had to sign their tablet screen to accept and they handed over the 2 keys(like credit cards). The scary bit was driving out through a hall full of cars when i had never driven one before. Check google maps for location of Hall 16 as it is a 10 minute walk round the outside of the buildings as the inside is still all closed off. i very nice NEC lady staff member showed me where to go to get to Hall 16. If you are going on the M'way home, the car will calibrate itself with about 10 miles. Getting there by train is simple as well if you are not being dropped off.
Don't worry too much about the time slots they give you. I went for the first slot at 10am but arrived at about 9.20am as I couldn't wait, they were fine about it.

Reactions: Beady3647
I'm picking up from NEC on 25 June. The other option they gave me was Newcastle...o_O

How easy is it to find Hall 16? I did a quick drive past yesterday to try and locate it but didn't see the collection area, but couldn't hang around to have a proper look. It's also not showing up for me on Google maps.

I'm picking up from NEC on 25 June. The other option they gave me was Newcastle...o_O

How easy is it to find Hall 16? I did a quick drive past yesterday to try and locate it but didn't see the collection area, but couldn't hang around to have a proper look. It's also not showing up for me on Google maps.
Very easy to find hall 16, or any other hall or car park.
Once inside the NEC complex (which is very well signed from all access roads) the signage inside the NEC is also excellent, the whole place is designed for international visitors to find their way both to the NEC by road rail or air, and find their way around easily once there.

Reactions: Aero