Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up a used m3 LR on Monday tips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can I use a supercharger immediately or is that not the case thanks
I think you can’t as it will take few days for Tesla to register the new owner. I think you have to ask the owner to let Tesla know about sale and then transfer. You can try v4 chargers using credit cards or ask the seller to fully charge so that you can avoid using non Tesla chargers. Are you travelling long distance to collect?

If it’s a private seller, don’t leave until they’ve transferred the car to you on the app, it takes only a couple of minutes. Before you get there set up a Tesla account, download the app and log in. There are a few guides around including at least 1 YouTube video from memory, but it essentially requires them to go to their products section in the app and remove (transfer) to you, they enter your name and email address, press go.. they get emailed a 6 digit code and within a few minutes the car will be in your account.

Guys I’m picking up my used private m3 lr on Monday any tips please can I use a supercharger immediately or is that not the case thanks
Perhaps not relevant to OP or many others, but for newbies, there will be threads talking about apps/websites that are useful for EVs including charging.

Although recent updates aren't to my liking, A Better Route Planner (ABRP) is useful for when Tesla supercharging isn't available.

Go incognito in your browser (so you can switch to your Tesla later) and maybe pick a different car model like a Niro EV and plan out the first few journeys before your Tesla is fully assigned to you (just in case). This will pick a non-Tesla Supercharger route (you may need to deselect OPEN Superchargers as an option on networks - under options).

Reactions: browellm and Trevel