Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Car Inspector Suggestion - Assuming a Tesla Lease in S FLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

1st time poster. I'm assuming a 2016 Model S lease. I'm in the Dallas area. Car is in the Coral Springs area in South Florida. Unfortunately I cannot go see the car personally.

I need to hire an Auto Inspector to go take a look at the car for me. But before I start calling around a bunch of ICE auto inspectors, I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions?

Thank you in Advance

Some have had success with local Tesla service centers performing inspections for them. You might want to start there.

Lease assumptions seem low risk on major stuff since it's all under warranty. Like if the suspension is about to go (what a mechanic will be able to tell you) who cares? Tesla will fix it. You're more looking for scratches, chips, tire wear. Anything that could cost you money to replace or repair before you turn it back in.

Quite a few people in this sub are nearby fwiw... Hope that helps.

I suggest having the inspection done by a Tesla Service Center. Either Dania or West Palm Beach would be convenient to Coral Springs. The present lessee would probably be willing to take the car for that. That will ensure that your car will be completely clear for warranty. From SoFl by Tesla will be a great first trip. Superchargers all the way and some nice places to see along the way.

Good luck.

Reactions: TheTeslaStudio
Thank you guys, Really appreciate the comments. I called both Service Centers and they both told me 3 weeks before they could fit me in.That is why I was trying to go the private route. My concern is that the current lessee hasn't done his first service or rotated tires at all despite putting 20k miles on year 1.

Carioca: Santista aqui.... :)