Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help buying replacement panel clips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While upgrading my interior tailgate light, I broke one of the panel clips and I can't find a replacement online. There are many similar-looking ones but they have a "double-button" above the black rubber ring, and the widest diameter is 22mm versus mine which is 18mm. Pic of desired part attached. Thanks for any links to replacements!
IMG_3107.jpeg

While upgrading my interior tailgate light, I broke one of the panel clips and I can't find a replacement online. There are many similar-looking ones but they have a "double-button" above the black rubber ring, and the widest diameter is 22mm versus mine which is 18mm. Pic of desired part attached. Thanks for any links to replacements!View attachment 996874
Looks like you need to search for the clips by the hole size, which is 8.5 or 9mm. You can find clips on Amazon.

Here's a lot that has many types, including 15 of the kind you are looking for Amazon.com

You'll likely get several posts talking about Toyota or other manufacturer clips are the same. I went down that path several years ago and now I have gigantic bags (it was the only way you could order them from Amazon at the time, not sure about now) of clips and none of them fit. A helpful mobile tech informed me that there are several different types throughout the car and many look similar. The door card ones differ from the hatch panels from... some other one.

I'd find a detailed diagram of the parts you seek or seek the advice from someone who knows. All I know now is I've got a handful of different versions out on the garage in case I ever need one. The same mobile tech stated that one of the gigantic bags I had was for the hatch panels clips (sounds like the one you need) and that they were hard for them to find. He asked if he could give me some of the others in exchnage for those to help them get other people's cars repaired. I was more than happy to make that mutually beneficial swap as it got me the clips I needed as well as a few spares for later.

I can't tell you what's what but I can offer the info that this topic is more complex than some might have you believe to save you some effort.

• Disagree
Reactions: Evee
You'll likely get several posts talking about Toyota or other manufacturer clips are the same. I went down that path several years ago and now I have gigantic bags (it was the only way you could order them from Amazon at the time, not sure about now) of clips and none of them fit. A helpful mobile tech informed me that there are several different types throughout the car and many look similar. The door card ones differ from the hatch panels from... some other one.

I'd find a detailed diagram of the parts you seek or seek the advice from someone who knows. All I know now is I've got a handful of different versions out on the garage in case I ever need one. The same mobile tech stated that one of the gigantic bags I had was for the hatch panels clips (sounds like the one you need) and that they were hard for them to find. He asked if he could give me some of the others in exchnage for those to help them get other people's cars repaired. I was more than happy to make that mutually beneficial swap as it got me the clips I needed as well as a few spares for later.

I can't tell you what's what but I can offer the info that this topic is more complex than some might have you believe to save you some effort.
Thanks for sharing the info!

@ElectricAnt54 Odd the service center wont give or sell you clips. Being in LA, I assume you have multiple Tesla service centers, so try another one.

It that fails, I did find this site that has a lot of Tesla clips for sale

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54