Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need manual retraction of spoiler for car wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For car washes where you sit in the vehicle while parked, there is a way to lower the spoiler.

While in park, power the vehicle down using the touchscreen and lock the car. Do not lift your weight from the seat or the spoiler will lift.

I have not tried moving car washes. I am still washing Model X by hand.

Above all, make sure that 22" wheels are kept far from any guide rails. I wheel rashed the Model S until I double checked the alignment. For that reason alone, it's a good idea to find auto wash facilities without guide rails.

Reactions: Softwizard
Does anyone have an update on this? I have a local "touch" car wash that I have a monthly membership for unlimited washes. I've run my dark grey ML63 through it no fewer than 100 times in 3 years, and the car looks great and is always easily kept clean. I'd like to have the same luxury with my X. Did anyone ever test whether I could drive into track, put car in neutral, enable tow mode, power down car and the spoiler will retract and allow the car wash to pull the vehicle through the wash?