Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Some advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ofcourse you have Disclose damage if you are buying a new what are you saying? you cant not disclose that kind of thing there are laws in place for that.

I don't believe a dealer/seller needs to disclose repaired damage. Someone with more knowledge of this can chime in. Now, whether it's repaired properly is another matter, but it's not as if the dealer needs to tell you they fixed a scratch or a seat tear or replaced the trunk struts etc.

I don't believe a dealer/seller needs to disclose repaired damage. Someone with more knowledge of this can chime in. Now, whether it's repaired properly is another matter, but it's not as if the dealer needs to tell you they fixed a scratch or a seat tear or replaced the trunk struts etc.

Sure that also makes sense...Then why did Tesla call me after 4 days of delivery and asked me to come in and sign a document stating I am aware this was repaired.

Sure that also makes sense...Then why did Tesla call me after 4 days of delivery and asked me to come in and sign a document stating I am aware this was repaired.
If you signed a disclosure acknowledging you received a repaired vehicle, then in my opinion you have no legal grounds for recovery based on learning about the repairs from the tint shop. If you didn't sign the disclosure, then you likely still have legal standing.

Asking you to sign the disclosure four days after delivery is complete b*ll sh*t.

Ofcourse you have Disclose damage if you are buying a new what are you saying? you cant not disclose that kind of thing there are laws in place for that.

This is absolutely not correct.
Some states have laws about this, but not most, and the ones that do have specific requirements on the type of damage that must be disclosed.

If you think Tesla owes you something you should retain an attorney.

• Disagree
Reactions: tvad
If you signed a disclosure acknowledging you received a repaired vehicle, then in my opinion you have no legal grounds for recovery based on learning about the repairs from the tint shop. If you didn't sign the disclosure, then you likely still have legal standing.

Asking you to sign the disclosure four days after delivery is complete b*ll sh*t.

I never signed anything for this issue at all