Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEMA 14-50 Gen 2 Adapter out of stock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I'll check with the SC. I signed up for email notification over a week ago but haven't received notification. I keep checking the site daily.
It is common for popular items on the Tesla site to be out of stock. Usually with the Gen2 Mobile Connector bundle or the NEMA 14-50 adapter these items are restocked quickly, i.e. in just a few weeks.

If things really go sideways with the supply chain you can have your electrician change the receptacle from the 14-50R to NEMA 6-50R. The NEMA 6-50 receptacle is similar to the 14-50 receptacle; (50 amp, 240V) except the 6-50 does not have a neutral connection (the Tesla Gen2 Mobile Connector uses the ground connection when the ground terminal is available, does not require the neutral connection.) The corresponding NEMA 6-50 power plug adapter is currently in stock on the Tesla site.

If things really go sideways with the supply chain you can have your electrician change the receptacle from the 14-50R to NEMA 6-50R. The NEMA 6-50 receptacle is similar to the 14-50 receptacle; (50 amp, 240V) except the 6-50 does not have a neutral connection (the Tesla Gen2 Mobile Connector uses the ground connection when the ground terminal is available, does not require the neutral connection.) The corresponding NEMA 6-50 power plug adapter is currently in stock on the Tesla site.
I ended up going with the NEMA 6-50 since it was easily available on the Tesla website. The cost of the outlet was also much cheaper. The Hubbell 10-50 is currently $150 on Amazon; I picked up the Hubbell 6-50 for less than $50. I am getting tired of these scalper prices on everything, the 10-50 should retail for ~$65.

I ended up going with the NEMA 6-50 since it was easily available on the Tesla website. The cost of the outlet was also much cheaper. The Hubbell 10-50 is currently $150 on Amazon; I picked up the Hubbell 6-50 for less than $50. I am getting tired of these scalper prices on everything, the 10-50 should retail for ~$65.

This is the same receptacle as the Hubbell for much less, unfortunately it looks like its out of stock as well. I was able to locally pick up and put two of these in several months ago.

Reactions: OCCanuck