Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nema 6 -15P adapter not available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering how come Nema 6-15 is not available anymore in Tesla shop. I saw in several youtube videos that some model s drivers have this adapter being used with the Quick220 systems.

Is Nema 6-15P compatible with Model S?

thanks.

I'm not a fan of the quick 220... hard to find two different phases near each other and then the GFCI negates the entire thing... most outdoor and garage plugs in modern houses are GFCI.

Here is some adaptor making tips -
http://cosmacelf.net/Home Made Adapters.pdf

A 6-15 to 5-15 would be easy. Just connect the hot/neutral to the two main prongs on the 6-15 and then connect the ground.

It may come back. Those are a moving target.

Thanks Rocky. do you have some youtube vids you can share?
Not really any videos, because as @brkaus mentioned, it's really easy. Read through that how-to guide linked there if you want. You should be able to get the parts at your local Home Depot or Lowes. I was going to say to start off with buying a little 1 foot cord and cutting off one end to start, but it looks like most of those use tiny 16 gauge or 18 gauge wire, and that's not very good for many continuous hours of charging. You just want a short section of wire that has two bigger wires (probably 12 gauge) and a ground. Then you want a 6-15 plug and a 5-15 receptacle. Connecting the ends is pretty straightforward since there are just the three wires on each of them.