Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Never upgraded to Nag version of autopilot still on 2018.18.4c72e69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when everyone here started complaining about the nag on their X's I made a decision not to update my software. Hard call for me as I always update everything right away mostly due to know security vulnerabilities. But in this case I thought that this weeks VP of autopilot decided that because they target fir trucks to hit I should have to hold the wheel(I do look out for big red trucks)

So I Never upgraded past 2018.18.4c72e69. I like it however now that V9 is imminent I feel like maybe I should take an update. Anyone know if you don't take an update is it still harassing aboutt the first one I didn't take or do you think it is nagging me about the current build? Can you skip versions? Anyone know if I can go straight to V9. I do like 2018.18 Thoughts

2017 P100D X

There would be no way to find out what update is waiting unless you call Tesla. I have heard the cars can skip updates, but it is not clear how many. If I were in your shoes, I would wait until the majority of the public has V9, just so you don't get stuck on a lower version.

I called tesla and he said the current build is waiting to install on my car 2018.36 so it skipped other builds. He also suggested that it will just skip to V9 when its available so I think I will continue to milk no nag 2018.18:)

I’m also on 2018.18 because I didn’t want the nags. It’s annoying having to constantly dismiss the software update popup, but I think it’s probably less annoying than the nags.

I seriously doubt I will upgrade to v9, at least not for a long while. Losing the ability to have the camera on top of the screen at all times is a major negative to me. Plus all the nags too, no thanks.