Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a gripe but more of a Wishlist item. It is not keeping me from buying - I already converted over to the refresh.

It is nice that they should charge faster but with better aero, less weight, and more efficient systems, it would have been nice to push that out to 500 miles. To me 400 is a sweet spot but that is rated miles ate 412 not what is actually achieved. So at 500 miles, it should be over 400 actual miles for me.

Reactions: DBV1
Do you guys think they’ll add an acceleration boost option or restore the “glory of the Ludicrous mode” to the LR? It seems there is quite the gap in price and performance between the LR and Plaid and I would pay for a bit more performance the LR and I’m sure others would too

Actually I would call the current price gap - $40,000 Ludicrous. The standard LR already does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds which is faster than 99% of the people need 99% of the time. Going down to 1.99 is a nice party trick, but in the real world completely unnecessary. I would rather have more range at this point.

Here is a clause in the agreement that addresses Tesla's right to cancel if a product or feature is discontinued.

No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation. Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise been made in bad faith. We may also cancel your order and refund your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee if we discontinue a product, feature or option after the time you place your order or if we determine that you are acting in bad faith.

I fail to see anything Tesla has done which is dishonorable.

The issue is that Tesla knew months BEFORE the orders were placed that they did not have the inventory and had no intention to deliver the Model S Long Range Plus. I've confirmed this with a Tesla insider corporate employee and two other people that work for Tesla. Prior to this, I had a Tesla store search nationally for new Long Range Plus, none were available or expected to come. Instead of stopping the ability to place orders for the Long Range Plus at $70k, Tesla continued to take orders and deposits. All they had to do was stop the ability to place orders on out of inventory/production vehicles. That was it.

I understand this is a site for Tesla enthusiasts but that shouldn't stop people from calling out b.s. when it happens. Supporting this type practice is blind loyalty and harms the customer.

Last edited:
Actually I would call the current price gap - $40,000 Ludicrous. The standard LR already does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds which is faster than 99% of the people need 99% of the time. Going down to 1.99 is a nice party trick, but in the real world completely unnecessary. I would rather have more range at this point.

I find an opportunity (excuse?) to floor my MSP on pretty much every drive. There's always an on-ramp somewhere that benefits from having 800HP :D

Do you guys think they’ll add an acceleration boost option or restore the “glory of the Ludicrous mode” to the LR? M

It seems there is quite the gap in price and performance between the LR and Plaid and I would pay for a bit more performance the LR and I’m sure others would too

I’m thinkin’ probably not, or at least not anytime soon. :cool:

The LR got a lot faster with the refresh, 0-60 got knocked down from 3.7 to 3.1... that’s as fast as a Mod 3 Performance, and nearly as fast as the first Ludicrous Model S (which was 2.8).

I think if you make the LR even faster, say Ludicrous-fast, then the argument for spending $40-60K more (aka A LOT more) for the Plaid or Plaid+ starts to get a little bit thin for all but the most devoted speed junkies... aka sales cannibalization.

The issue is that Tesla knew months BEFORE the orders were placed that they did not have the inventory and had no intention to deliver the Model S Long Range Plus. I've confirmed this with a Tesla insider corporate employee and two other people that work for Tesla. Prior to this, I had a Tesla store search nationally for new Long Range Plus, none were available or expected to come. Instead of stopping the ability to place orders for the Long Range Plus at $70k, Tesla continued to take orders and deposits. All they had to do was stop the ability to place orders on out of inventory/production vehicles. That was it.

I understand this is a site for Tesla enthusiasts but that shouldn't stop people from calling out b.s. when it happens. Supporting this type practice is blind loyalty and harms the customer.
Amen brother - your information and input is much appreciated.

Many of us are on this site because we love (or used to love) our Teslas - but have become frustrated with the ownership experience.

I'm often in disbelief how I have been treated by Tesla service and other employees hiding behind their chat boxes.

I originally turned to the forums to see if my experience was an isolated one (nope!)

Like you - I've tried to convey to the fanatics that blind loyalty helps no one.

Not even the stockholders. They'll also get burned in the long run.

So dig a bit and it was obvious that that something was happening.
Then they shut down the MS/MX production lines.
People and media started seeing and reporting on the new MS being tested around Fremont.
Seems pretty obvious, no?

Tesla is under no obligation to confirm rumors nor give insight into their development, marketing, and production plans to their competitors.

Point taken. Now all you bastages cancel your orders so I can get my refresh sooner...

Yup. All they had to do was stop certain orders months before. That news wouldn’t spread like wildfire and cause months worth of orders to be cancelled on news of a known refresh. If they were going to stop orders, they may as well have just announced the refresh early which would have caused the last quarter of sales to tank. Even for other models by people waiting on news about the refresh. That would have been great for the financials.

Supporting this practice is NOT blind loyalty. There are things I think Tesla needs to change. The ability to call support is one.

Is what happened to you, good? No. But almost all of us owners have taken a hit on Tesla albeit a bit different. The day I received my 90D, the 100D came out for the same price. I still paid the same price but took at least a 10k hit on that. Others took a hit when AP2 came out, etc.

Every time Tesla makes any change at all to their cars, there are always posts from people complaining saying they should have told me there was an update. Yes in most of our cases we get what we ordered and that is true. But there is just no perfect solution. As some have said, wait a bit and probably the price will drop especially if Lucid drops their prices. Tesla lowered the cost of my car from 105k to 70k but yet get 100 miles more, MCU2, better suspension, etc. So many of us have taken hits on Tesla changes.

Last edited:
Yup. All they had to do was stop certain orders months before. That news wouldn’t spread like wildfire and cause months worth of orders to be cancelled on news of a known refresh. If they were going to stop orders, they may as well have just announced the refresh early which would have caused the last quarter of sales to tank. Even for other models by people waiting on news about the refresh. That would have been great for the financials.
Supporting this practice is NOT blind loyalty. There are things I think Tesla needs to change. The ability to call support is one.

Is what happened to you, good? No. But almost all of us owners have taken a hit on Tesla albeit a bit different. The day I received my 90D, the 100D came out for the same price. I still paid the same price but took at least a 10k hit on that. Others took a hit when AP2 came out, etc.

Every time Tesla makes any change at all to their cars, there are always posts from people complaining saying they should have told me there was an update. Yes in most of our cases we get what we ordered and that is true. But there is just no perfect solution. As some have said, wait a bit and probably the price will drop especially if Lucid drops their prices. Tesla lowered the cost of my car from 105k to 70k but yet get 100 miles more, MCU2, better suspension, etc. So many of us have taken hits on Tesla changes.

I'm not asking to future proof my order or limit the depreciation. Simply abide by the agreement. They knew what they were doing and it was not right. I would have accepted the previous gen Long Range Plus at $70k even after the refresh was announced.

People trying to defend an $800B company from very apparent Bait and Switch B.S. practices, claiming financial ruin! LOL.

With all due respect the contract language says "if we discontinue a product, feature or option after the time you place your order."
It makes no reference to Tesla's plans or intends to discontinue.

By necessity, plans and intentions occur months or years before a change actually takes effect. Is Tesla required by the sales contract cease to take orders for vehicles which are still being manufactured because it will at some point be discontinued in favor of an upgraded product? In any case, both the seller and buyer have a remedy which is clearly stated in the contract.

As I stated in a previous post, I have direct knowledge of my order alone. I placed it on December 5 at which time Tesla was in production on the previous models. Of course I was disappointed, but I wasn't cheated. I agreed to the terms, Tesla made changes, eliminated models and ultimately offered to refund my deposit or give a $2,000 discount on the updated product. My $100 dollar deposit was turned into a $2,000 discount! Were you treated differently on the order that you placed?

Last edited: