Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2022 Model 3 has "VCFRONT a192" issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I got my new 2022 model 3 LR last week (Dec 30). On Jan 1st, I got the message "vcfront 192" and the model 3 was unable to drive. The screen worked good, but drive shift could not work at all. After few minutes, it worked and It was able to be driven. Jan 4th, I got the same issue and never fixed. My model 3 is in the service center. They have not told me why yet. If you have some experiences about it, please give me any information for me. I cannot find out enough information about the issue on google. I cannot believe it..it is just brand new one..

vc192.jpg

This happened to us on what should have been a 7 hour trip. Took 12 hours as car would start shutting down every 10-15 mins. We would pull over at an exit, wait, and it would start working again after 10-15 mins. Made it to a major city and rented a car to get home. They towed it to a Tesla dealer and I’ve been told the front body controller is being replaced. Car is a 2022 model 3 with 6500 miles.
Please keep us updated in this thread. I drop ours off on Monday.

Upvote 0
My hopes of anything being done today are pretty much nonexistent. The service advisor wasn’t listening as I was trying to tell him the details of what happened. I think these SCs are so busy they just try and get cars in and out as fast as possible.

Upvote 0
My hopes of anything being done today are pretty much nonexistent. The service advisor wasn’t listening as I was trying to tell him the details of what happened. I think these SCs are so busy they just try and get cars in and out as fast as possible.
Probably. Too many Teslas being built and not enough service centers. Add the less ideal quality control from Tesla and I can imagine it is probably a busy day for a Tesla mechanic.

Reactions: phishphan
Upvote 0
So they are saying they can't find anything wrong? Are they going to dig deeper?
They haven’t responded to my rebuttal yet. We’ll see what happens. But I’ll be damned if this problem happens with just my wife and kids in the car and have them stranded on the side of an interstate. Oh, and we leave to go out of town on Thursday morning so they have until then to figure it out or we’re putting the miles on their car.

Upvote 0
Seems like I’m the first person that has played this hand of “I’m keeping the loaner until the issue is fixed or I get a new vehicle”. They called and asked what it would take to pick the vehicle up and I said I need the problem resolved or a brand new vehicle that is safe to drive. Said they’d call back tomorrow with a resolution.

Upvote 0
Seems like I’m the first person that has played this hand of “I’m keeping the loaner until the issue is fixed or I get a new vehicle”. They called and asked what it would take to pick the vehicle up and I said I need the problem resolved or a brand new vehicle that is safe to drive. Said they’d call back tomorrow with a resolution.
Beautifully done. I hope they resolve it, it is honestly unacceptable. They should prioritize issues like these.

Upvote 0
Beautifully done. I hope they resolve it, it is honestly unacceptable. They should prioritize issues like these.
Completely unacceptable to have to worry about your car randomly shutting down while driving. I will fight this tooth and nail until it’s fixed or we have a new car. It’s as if either SC location thought it was no big deal, couldn’t find anything wrong.

Reactions: santua
Upvote 0
It sounds like you got a lemon. It could be something as simple as a poorly-routed harness that is chafing against something on the chassis, causing a low-voltage short, with the added "fun" of being an intermittent issue.

Upvote 0
Boy do I have a story for you guys. Sorry for the tl;dr but here it goes. (Summary is car is getting fixed, part ordered and SA nearly tried to fight me.)

After going around and around in the app about not returning the loaner until the car was fixed I finally picked up the phone and called him. He went off on me about getting the police involved to get the car back and how I’d be charged $100 per day if it’s not there by 5. I will admit to getting testy as a result of his attitude and said well, I’ll stop paying for the car and charge you guys $500 everyday I can’t drive it.

I decide to drive down there to speak to the manager who was very reasonable and understanding as was I. He said if they can’t replicate the problem they can’t fix it, even if I had a picture of the error codes and encouraged me to take a drive with the tech to replicate the problem. I agree to this and the tech and I get into the car.

We chatted for a bit before heading out and a light bulb went off when he said he went back in the logs two weeks and didn’t see the error code. He further explained that the instructions for this error code was to ignore it the first time and to replace the POS (not remembering this 100% correctly but power something systems?) if it arises again. FANTASTIC!

I suggest we skip the test drive and he go look at the log at the exact time and date I took the picture and bingo, well it’s the second time so that part needs to be replaced. He agreed and 30 minutes later tells my new SA he found the second instance of this error code! Again, fantastic!

Now for the bad news and crazy part of the story, of course the part isn’t in stock so guess what, I have to get another loaner. All goes well until we actually go to the parking lot to find it. Turns out the asshole SA was driving it for some reason? My new SA explains to him that they found the problem and they’re giving me the loaner back. He AGGRESSIVELY walks, semi jogs towards me screaming at me “DO YOU AGREE TO RETURN THE CAR WHEN WE SAY SO?” I didn’t respond, he’s still walking/jogging towards me aggressively screaming the same question two more times. I said, excuse me? He yelled it a fourth time and I just said I’ll speak to the manager again. He RUNS to the new SA with the slicing his throat movement YELLING “NO LOANER FOR HIM, NO LOANER FOR HIM”. The new SA explained to him the situation and that it was already approved etc. He was livid for some reason. I got in the loaner and drove home.

So yes, the car is getting fixed but now I’m worried this nut job is going to either vandalize or sabotage our car. Really worried about it. It was like he was having roid rage or something.

Oh and it was kind of funny bc now they wouldn’t even let me leave in our car bc of the danger of it shutting down again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Boy do I have a story for you guys. Sorry for the tl;dr but here it goes. (Summary is car is getting fixed, part ordered and SA nearly tried to fight me.)

After going around and around in the app about not returning the loaner until the car was fixed I finally picked up the phone and called him. He went off on me about getting the police involved to get the bar back and how I’d be charged $100 per day if it’s not there by 5. I will admit to getting testy as a result of his attitude and said well, I’ll stop paying for the car and charge you guys $500 everyday I can’t drive it.

I decide to drive down there to speak to the manager who was very reasonable and understanding as was I. He said if they can’t replicate the problem they can’t fix it, even if I had a picture of the error codes and encouraged me to take a drive with the tech to replicate the problem. I agree to this and the tech and I get into the car.

We chatted for a bit before heading out and a light bulb went off when he said he went back in the logs two weeks and didn’t see the error code. He further explained that the instructions for this error code was to ignore it the first time and to replace the POS (not remembering this 100% correctly but power something systems?) if it arises again. FANTASTIC!

I suggest we skip the test drive and he go look at the log at the exact time and date I took the picture and bingo, we it’s the second time so that part needs to be replaced. He agreed and 30 minutes later tells my new SA he found the second instance of this error code! Again, fantastic!

Now for the bad news and crazy part of the story, of course the part isn’t in stock so guess what, I have to get another loaner. All goes well until we actually go to the parking lot to find it. Turns out the asshole SA was driving it for some reason? My new SA explains to him that they found the problem and they’re giving me the loaner back. He AGGRESSIVELY walks, semi jobs towards me screaming at me “DO YOU AGREE TO RETURN THE CAR WHEN WE SAY SO?” I didn’t respond, he’s still walking/jogging towards me aggressively screaming the same question two more times. I said, excuse me? He yelled it a fourth time and I just said I’ll speak to the manager again. He RUNS to the new SA with the slicing his throat movement YELLING “NO LOANER FOR HIM, NO LOANER FOR HIM”. The new SA explained to him the situation and that it was already approved etc. He was livid for some reason. I got in the loaner and drove home.

So yes, the car is getting fixed but now I’m worried this nut job is going to either vandalize or sabotage our car. Really worried about it. It was like he was having roid rage or something.

Oh and it was kind of funny bc now they wouldn’t even let me leave in our car bc of the danger of it shutting down again.
Holy mother-of-pearl! What a story. II don’t think these things happen often, thankfully. Sounds to all of us, like the SA is a Serious A$$hole. I would express these concerns to the manager and calmly explain to him that this S-erious A-$$hole, needs to get on sensitivity training and how to properly respect the clients. There will always be times when clients can also be a-holes and don’t deserve their respect, but at the end-of-da, customer safety in ownership, has to be the primary concern.

Wishing you the best in this ordeal, and grateful (and sad) that these incidences remain a very small percentage. Please, please continue to keep us apprised.

Upvote 0

After going around and around in the app about not returning the loaner until the car was fixed I finally picked up the phone and called him. He went off on me about getting the police involved to get the bar back and how I’d be charged $100 per day if it’s not there by 5. I will admit to getting testy as a result of his attitude and said well, I’ll stop paying for the car and charge you guys $500 everyday I can’t drive it.

I suggest we skip the test drive and he go look at the log at the exact time and date I took the picture and bingo, we it’s the second time so that part needs to be replaced. He agreed and 30 minutes later tells my new SA he found the second instance of this error code! Again, fantastic!

Now for the bad news and crazy part of the story, of course the part isn’t in stock so guess what, I have to get another loaner. All goes well until we actually go to the parking lot to find it. Turns out the asshole SA was driving it for some reason? My new SA explains to him that they found the problem and they’re giving me the loaner back. He AGGRESSIVELY walks, semi jobs towards me screaming at me “DO YOU AGREE TO RETURN THE CAR WHEN WE SAY SO?” I didn’t respond, he’s still walking/jogging towards me aggressively screaming the same question two more times. I said, excuse me? He yelled it a fourth time and I just said I’ll speak to the manager again. He RUNS to the new SA with the slicing his throat movement YELLING “NO LOANER FOR HIM, NO LOANER FOR HIM”. The new SA explained to him the situation and that it was already approved etc. He was livid for some reason. I got in the loaner and drove home.

That was entertaining.😅

Good for you for standing your ground and getting the issue resolved. Hope they are able to repair it soon. By any chance, did they tell you what part had to be ordered? Trying to see if it is the same thing they ordered for me.

Upvote 0
Holy mother-of-pearl! What a story. II don’t think these things happen often, thankfully. Sounds to all of us, like the SA is a Serious A$$hole. I would express these concerns to the manager and calmly explain to him that this S-erious A-$$hole, needs to get on sensitivity training and how to properly respect the clients. There will always be times when clients can also be a-holes and don’t deserve their respect, but at the end-of-da, customer safety in ownership, has to be the primary concern.

Wishing you the best in this ordeal, and grateful (and sad) that these incidences remain a very small percentage. Please, please continue to keep us apprised.
Thank you! I still cant believe he very clearly wanted to fight me. So surreal. I am not joking when I say I think he was having a roid rage episode. And yes, I will be sending a long, polite email to the manager upon picking up the car.

Upvote 0