Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2023 Model Y RWD back in inventory (not eligible for tax credit - 01.08.3034)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I meant your trade
Oh, a bit under 4000 miles, $37.5K. Check going out the door was for a bit under $1500. I picked it up this morning at Paramus.

There was a short hitch because they had a software error on my application to give them the $7.5K POS tax credit against my bill, but that was fixed.

My trade was an HW3 with the old cameras, The new one (Austin build in 12/23) has HW4 with the new cameras and matrix headlights.

I did this on a lark last Saturday because a friend mentioned his trade-in offer. Mine was a bit bigger, so I figured I'd check inventory for the heck of it.

Looked like a good deal so I had a delivery date and time within a few hours.
IMG20240118110713 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vickh and Skavatar
Oh, a bit under 4000 miles, $37.5K. Check going out the door was for a bit under $1500. I picked it up this morning at Paramus.

There was a short hitch because they had a software error on my application to give them the $7.5K POS tax credit against my bill, but that was fixed.

My trade was an HW3 with the old cameras, The new one (Austin build in 12/23) has HW4 with the new cameras and matrix headlights.

I did this on a lark last Saturday because a friend mentioned his trade-in offer. Mine was a bit bigger, so I figured I'd check inventory for the heck of it.

Looked like a good deal so I had a delivery date and time within a few hours.View attachment 1010236

Great trade deal. I think it helps that NJ has no sales tax. I got a text saying POS issues too and move delivery... maybe.

Maybe I just want a new MYLR to get back $7,500 from those years I was "donating" >$30,000 PLUS FICA when I was an overpaid bean counter. In retirement, my 2023 tax liability on the taxable portion of Social Security plus interest income less old folks' standard deduction should be somewhere between $300 and $400. Until I have to start taking RMDs from my IRA in a couple of years, I don't even need to make estimated tax payments!!!