Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2023 Model Y RWD back in inventory (not eligible for tax credit - 01.08.3034)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder why they're not dropping further. Those eligible for POS credit are better off with LR.

"Does Not Qualify for Federal Tax Credit"

but the site also says ALL Model Y qualify.

$7,500 Federal Tax Credit​

Customers who take delivery of a qualified new Tesla and meet all federal requirements are eligible for a tax credit up to $7,500. Only for eligible cash or loan purchases.

Adjusted Gross Income Limitations

• $300,000 for married couples filing jointly
  • $225,000 for heads of households
  • $150,000 for all other filers

Price Caps

The vehicle MSRP at time of delivery must not exceed the following caps. This price includes optional equipment physically attached to the vehicle at the time of delivery and excludes software features, accessories, taxes and fees.

• Model 3 Performance: $55,000
  • Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive: $80,000
  • Model Y Long Range: $80,000
  • Model Y Performance: $80,000
  • Model X Dual Motor: $80,000

"Does Not Qualify for Federal Tax Credit"

but the site also says ALL Model Y qualify.

We dont know, but Occams razor says (paraphrased) "the simplest answer is often the correct one". In that vein, the simplest answer is that these are cars have batteries that dont qualify because of where they are made. The next simplest answer is, perhaps these cant be sold as new because they are put in service already.

One of those things is likely true. Im dont have an opinion on pricing or why its not lower. Since You have been following pricing on these cars super close for at least a couple of years now discussing a possible model Y purchase, whats your opinion on this?

We dont know, but Occams razor says (paraphrased) "the simplest answer is often the correct one". In that vein, the simplest answer is that these are cars have batteries that dont qualify because of where they are made. The next simplest answer is, perhaps these cant be sold as new because they are put in service already.

One of those things is likely true. Im dont have an opinion on pricing or why its not lower. Since You have been following pricing on these cars super close for at least a couple of years now discussing a possible model Y purchase, whats your opinion on this?

This is TSLA pricing; it does not have to make sense—more of a whim/faith/random thing.

I was considering a RWD last year, but no more due to the tax credit. Good thing since LR prices are about the same now. I do think we are at the rock bottom once you combine POS+current inventory prices

True but I’m not sure how many people who exceed the income cap want the cheapest version you can buy.
I do and am seriously considering buying that car tonight (and not for my kids..oldest is only 11). In my mind, I said if it reached 37.9 there’d be no way I could resist…38.2 is prob about as close it’ll get. Hell, 2021 used RWD Ys are selling for that much practically. Anyone who feels like enabling my purchase, please chime in…I’m so tempted.

I do and am seriously considering buying that car tonight (and not for my kids..oldest is only 11). In my mind, I said if it reached 37.9 there’d be no way I could resist…38.2 is prob about as close it’ll get. Hell, 2021 used RWD Ys are selling for that much practically. Anyone who feels like enabling my purchase, please chime in…I’m so tempted.

the income cap sucks for those in states with higher cost of living. $300,000 in TX has more buying power than $300,000 in CA.

all of the Ys are great vehicles. $38K is a good price, much less than Acura RDX, Porsche Macan, etc

the income cap sucks for those in states with higher cost of living. $300,000 in TX has more buying power than $300,000 in CA.

all of the Ys are great vehicles. $38K is a good price, much less than Acura RDX, Porsche Macan, etc
All true…my problem is more that I sort of like my car now…but it’s out of warranty and the Y is clearly a step up from my e-Golf (in every respect)…not sure why I am resisting…I have the cash in hand (well, it’s in my checking account but that’s close enough).

Reactions: Skavatar
It is a great price. But the LR AWD for $44K is also a great price. So it just depends on how you plan to use it.

Reactions: vickh and Skavatar
Placed the order this AM…delivery scheduled for next Tuesday; $38k was just too good to pass up (especially since I believe it has the full array of speakers and sub unlike the 24s starting to come out now).
I hear ya. I just bought an '23 LR for ~the same price but after tax credit.
GTK that '23 is better than "24. Good comparison threads?