Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New .36 is interesting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have a question about when the car reads a speed limit sign. Why does the speed get set to 5 mph over the speed limit? I have my autopilot set to only 2 mph above the speed limit but when it reads a sign it sets the speed to 5mph over. Does anyone know how to set it for less. Even when I did manually set it back at the next sign it went back to 5 . If there are no signs after I set autopilot on it does do only 2 over

Here's the answer: It's not trying to set it to your specified offset. Instead, it's following the limit that they've set for autopilot on non-divided-highway roads, namely 5 MPH over the speed limit.

See: Why No Automatic Speed Adjust When Enter New Speed Limit Zone?
and: Speed Limit Sign Reading Fail

All I know is that all the speed limits show wrong on my way to work, and parts of the road that used to show correct are now wrong as well, it's always 10 under or over depending on the section of road.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Used to be wrong only a few spots, now it’s wrong 20 mph BELOW the posted speed limit for miles and miles. I think the problem is the 65 mph sign is too far to the side when it changes and so it thinks it’s 45 still.