TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New back seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by m53!urraysj, Sep 12, 2017.

1. m53!urraysj

m53!urraysj New Member

for all those curious what the new back seats look like here are a couple pictures. Took delivery of my new model S on 8/9 and was lucky enough to get them. They are so much nicer then previous version.

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
  2. CinRedMan

CinRedMan Member

While the seat backs still "look" a bit thin, I have to agree the bottom cushion looks remarkably better. I should have my 2017 MS in the next 10 days and cannot wait. True test will happen when my in-laws go for a ride, as they routinely comment on how comfortable my wife's 2014 Lexus RX350 rear seats feel...on long-haul trips.

3. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

Look much better quality, interesting that the center section is raised (Or is that my imagination?).

4. mazeminder

mazeminder Member

Can you take a few pics with the seats folded down? Any difference when folded vs old style seats?

5. croman

croman Active Member

Those look like tamer next gen seats. I'm glad I got my leather ones. The premium do clean up easily but so does leather and it seems like Tesla just added a bit of bolstering to the premium seats to get this new back seat version (less bench feeling).

6. TwitchAD

TwitchAD Member

It's actually the side ones now sink a bit lower than the previous bench style ones. I also recently got my S delivered and sitting in the rear has been great.

7. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

I like the older model. It’s flat across the whole length. Easier to lay down. This one too many bumps

8. TwitchAD

TwitchAD Member

Forgot to mention one benefit you get is a bit more headroom with the newer seats