Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Buick Electra E4 Unveiled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been well documented that China is a major market for EVs and Buicks, so it should not come as a surprise
that the GM brand has already unveiled two brand-new all-electric crossovers in the market.

2024-Buick-Electra-E4-2-1536x864.webp

2024-Buick-Electra-E4-1-1536x1003.webp

Reactions: ThePirate
GM is great at unveiling EVs you can't buy (the Bolt is another loser they're phasing out), or can only buy in very limited quantities. Same as Ford, VW, Volvo, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Hyundai/Kia/Genesis, etc. All the EV ads are basically image building while losing $, and limiting production as a result so far...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 1.24.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 1.24.41 PM.png
    381.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Reactions: JMc2018M3
GM is great at unveiling EVs you can't buy (the Bolt is another loser they're phasing out), or can only buy in very limited quantities. Same as Ford, VW, Volvo, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Hyundai/Kia/Genesis, etc. All the EV ads are basically image building while losing $, and limiting production as a result so far...
Agreed. It’s easy to have “plans” it’s another thing to execute and produce.

Well shoot, the rendering is spectacular. If the car actually looked like that, I'd trade it for my model Y in a heartbeat. The problem is that I"ve never seen an american car with an interior that wasn't completely awful in real life. But hey, they may be changing with the change to EVs.

-TPC
vanilla '23 MYLR, small wheels for better range.

Agreed. It’s easy to have “plans” it’s another thing to execute and produce.
I think that Tesla seems to be making a profit with very good performing cars (charging system now much slower but Kia/Hyundai, but still pretty good) selling at $45-$50k with big batteries. OK, now to save the world from climate crisis we need someone who can make a decent BEV that makes a profit at $30k. Chevy was going to replace the Bolt with the Equinox within the Ultium platform, supposedly sub-$40k. OK, after waiting years and years and years and still no fiskars... and waiting years and years and years for ANY published specs on the Ariya... only to find out that it has really terrible DC "fast" charing time (probably, "had" past tense, it's probably dead already), ... etc. ... well, I can see that you're a little jaded. However, Chevy did finally make the bolt really popular. So, i'm going to reserve judgement until late-2024 on that Equinox promise. And if Buick can get that Electra out the door and get any Chinese folks to buy it, well, more power to them!

I see GM and ford putting a LOT of money into new EV factories. I can't believe they're just blowing smoke.

Toyota, on the other hand, didn't even bother to put the wheels on its BZ4x properly; their half-hearted attempts at BEVs are just greenwashing their dirty cars, and I don't expect any BEV from them until a complete investor revolt. ( See
BusinessweekThe Big Take "The World’s Love Affair With Japanese Cars Is Souring" Dated Jan 5, 2023)

Aaah, memories. My grandfather had a 1959 Buick Electra 225, the vehicle that replaced the top trim Roadmaster that year. The 225 was the car’s length in inches (5.72m). There are some very subtle styling differences between that 1959 Electra and the 202x Electra E4 as well as totally minor performance, cost, comfort, power train, seating, accessory, tire size, and weight differences. Nothing really noticeable though.

Reactions: tm1v2 and voyager
Guys we want all EVs to win, this is a war against the planet failing and ICE in this case
This weekend it was 120F in south Texas
Insane fires in Canada
Fires in France
Way too early in rhe summer for these to be happening
ICE conversions to any EV is what we want
We love our Ts, but support any change