Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New bumper sticker for the wife's car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got tired of all of the comments from friends ribbing me on the Tesla fires so I decided to go on the attack. Temporarily mounted this on the wife's car. Wonder how long it will be before I get the phone call asking what the hell is on her car? :wink: Embrace it, own it!

P1000615.JPG
P1000614.JPG

This actually reinforces the silly logic of the fire breathers.... IMHO that sticker hurts more than it helps...

It's just car. I'm extremely secure about the long term future of the company. There is no logic, haters will find fault whenever and where ever. Bought the stock after I bought the car. Close to the high. Again very happy long term. The sticker is obviously not perment. I'm just not that brave or stupid.

It's just car. I'm extremely secure about the long term future of the company. There is no logic, haters will find fault whenever and where ever. Bought the stock after I bought the car. Close to the high. Again very happy long term. The sticker is obviously not perment. I'm just not that brave or stupid.

Not a shareholder yet.. but 135 range is not a bad place to get in imho.. i might buy some...

I think you guys may have missed the point, it was a joke meant to be shared with friends and other owners. It was never driven around town. If you look a little closer you'll see it's stuck on loosely with double sided sticky tape. I never actually put stickers on any of my cars, least of all the wife's. It was on for all of an hour. I'm not that brave or stupid.

I think you guys may have missed the point, it was a joke meant to be shared with friends and other owners. It was never driven around town. If you look a little closer you'll see it's stuck on loosely with double sided sticky tape. I never actually put stickers on any of my cars, least of all the wife's. It was on for all of an hour. I'm not that brave or stupid.
I, for one, totally missed that. In that light, definitely funny for local/neighborhood conversation.

Got a vey interesting notice that has me very concerned. I was informed that i received 9 points because of this thread. Amazing that someone thinks they can dictate what I do with my vehicle. Their opinion that this post undermines tesla and all it stands for is pretty coll. Never knew that a message left on a Tesla forum, meant to be a joke could b so powerful. They actually dictated that i remove it immediately. I wish it was still on so I could remove it just to comply! I will surely be much more careful what I say and do with a vehicle of this stature. Of course I will never use it to go to WalMart or Kentucky Fried least I besmirch the reps of other tesla owners. Oh yea, I apologize ahead of time for not consistently capitalizing the haloed name.

Got a vey interesting notice that has me very concerned. I was informed that i received 9 points because of this thread. Amazing that someone thinks they can dictate what I do with my vehicle. Their opinion that this post undermines tesla and all it stands for is pretty coll. Never knew that a message left on a Tesla forum, meant to be a joke could b so powerful. They actually dictated that i remove it immediately. I wish it was still on so I could remove it just to comply! I will surely be much more careful what I say and do with a vehicle of this stature. Of course I will never use it to go to WalMart or Kentucky Fried least I besmirch the reps of other tesla owners. Oh yea, I apologize ahead of time for not consistently capitalizing the haloed name.
You have to be careful on here. In a lot of threads, even the most minor of negative statements will net you points. I've avoided them so far myself, but spoken privately with many others who have not. In general I just don't say what I'm actually thinking, or phrase my concern in unrealistically optimistic wording. As soon as I saw this post I knew you'd be getting some, despite it obviously being a joke with your wife.

How did you get negative reputation points? I thought they disabled that feature. :confused:

Either way, I do agree that it's in poor taste considering what these fires are doing to Tesla's reputation (not to mention the stock). People seem to forget that nobody has been hurt. They seem to think they our cars are simply "bursting into flames" which couldn't be farther from the truth. Sure it's expensive for the insurance companies, but people seem to think they are going to be burned alive in one of our cars. THAT'S why I think the bumper sticker was a bad idea. It just adds to that perception.

I understand that it was only a "inside joke" with neighbors, but posting it on the largest Tesla forum on the Internet is just not a good idea. A lot of perspective buyers come here and less than ethical journalists love to snatch little quotes from here and them post them elsewhere and that's how it gets spread around. One guy I know already sold his brand new Tesla because he got so sick of all the Fire talk from his (probably jealous) "friends". We don't need to be making jokes about it. This could potentially end up leading to the end of electric cars for another couple of decades if the big car makes and the oil companies have their way. It's really not a joking matter. There are very powerful forces out there who would love nothing more than to stop Tesla before they get too popular. Something to think about when making jokes about them being fire hazards. Just something to consider.

How did you get negative reputation points? I thought they disabled that feature. :confused:
It does appear that it's gone. Recent change? I could have sworn I saw it a week or two ago.

Regarding the rest, I think we'll see more of this. There's a growing divide between the hardcore Tesla evangelists, and those who simply purchased a great car that happens to be a Tesla.

As a (former) potential buyer, I think it's much more healthy to see a mix of concern and levity than merely cheerleading, but maybe I'm alone in that.

I don't take too much to seriously. I do love the car and considering buying a second. I did buy the stock before the fires really took it's toll on the price so I have taken a hit on this particular investment and it has no bearing on my belief that it will be a great company, set for the future. People that let this type of stuff affect them either as a purchaser of the vehicle or stock should probably not be investing in either. They will never be able to sleep at night.