Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car, dead headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ED93F6EF-97E9-414D-812E-C0F1A201A5E5.jpeg
8843B2B1-4EFD-4015-81F2-04BBDB68E3BF.jpeg
At 143km and three days after delivery my drivers side headlight is wonky. It rained that day and I noticed some water in the housing that wasn’t there before.
There is a very very dim light coming from somewhere in the light housing that never turns off, it stayed on all night while parked, and the car was off. There is a buzzing noise coming from the headlight housing that accompanies this. I have a video of it but can’t upload..
When I turn on the car the same headlight doesn’t change. The rest of the lights do come on.
Should I report this as a delivery issue or do I have to wait a month for the Tesla mobile service person to come look at it??

Still thinking about naming the car, maybe I’ll call her Wink.

Attachments

• F2C5A9D8-0B80-4872-B41E-08889D15E058.jpeg
    F2C5A9D8-0B80-4872-B41E-08889D15E058.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 131
Doesn’t matter how you report it. It’ll still be fixed under warranty. And since it’s a safety issue it shouldn’t take a month to fix.
Yeah good point.

I searched for this issue and heard about tail light condensation issues but not headlight so hopefully this is an isolated incident that they will handle for me. But the service appointment scheduled in the app was a month out. I guess I should just go there and give

Reactions: C141medic
I don’t think so. When i entered car this morning it just told me how many sentry events there were, do I need to look through menus to see if it registers a headlight problem? I haven’t driven since noticing the problem.

No. You’d think it would just tell you if a bulb were out (like with a flat). In this case it’s likely (based on your description) just borked and the light still thinks it’s on.

All the Model 3 headlights somehow have moisture residue inside them. I've had mine replaced twice now and Tesla tech noticed that even the new ones had residue streaks inside them. Then they looked at their entire parts inventory and they all had it. They contacted Tesla and were told they were aware of it and to send them pictures of it.

Sounds unusual that both headlights would go out at the same time? Perhaps a reboot or shut down through the display? Hopefully something mobile service can take care of for you.
I did try a reboot, but it did not resolve the issue. I think this is probably related to the 12V battery failure that I am waiting to get replaced. I've only had the car for 13 months and the battery has failed already.

After parking over night and charging back to 90%, the lights worked again. The next morning I tried to drive it, but it warned of degraded breaking and the front windows all rolled down half way on its own. It's a good thing I have an alternate vehicle while waiting for a service appointment.

PS - Telsa service is still the worst. I brought it to a service center near by and they refused to look at it and told me to schedule an appointment even though it is a safety issue.

BEPA400, did it get fixed by the TESLA Mobile service?
My driver side headlight went out this evening and never comes back on!
Tried re-booting and charging to 90% with no luck.
Waiting to see if it comes back on tomorrow morning; fingers crossed.
If not, have to set up the mobile appointment.

Surprisingly, driver side headlights turned on this morning when I got ready to leave for work and has been working since. Should be watching this closely now as I do not know the cause or what brought the lights back. But anyway scheduled an appointment with mobile service to report the issue so that they can check everything - hopefully this is covered under the warranty.

All the Model 3 headlights somehow have moisture residue inside them. I've had mine replaced twice now and Tesla tech noticed that even the new ones had residue streaks inside them. Then they looked at their entire parts inventory and they all had it. They contacted Tesla and were told they were aware of it and to send them pictures of it.
I’ve also got these residue streaks inside my headlight housing. I thought it was on the outside until I cleaned them and realized it was internal.
73A2FB52-49EA-4A9D-95AE-D7F02EEB09FF.jpeg

Attachments

• 1A58152E-35F1-4C11-82CE-464466D66EF2.jpeg
    1A58152E-35F1-4C11-82CE-464466D66EF2.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 62