Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car out in the rain few days a week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree - but the OP said 'it HAS been raining several times a week' . . . and we both know thats BS!

No I didn't.

This is literally what i wrote -- " This is in the Bay Area so it does tend to rain very often / heavy."

Thank you for the members here who are actually trying to be helpful instead of trolls who get fixated on the technicalities of what constitutes "heavy rain".

Reactions: kavyboy
We've had some rain in the Bay Area for the past two days, and that turned out to be good as it reproduced a leak in the rear taillight and liftgate. I was picking my car up from its annual service appointment, noticed the inside of the left taillight had severe condensation, then opened the liftgate right in front of the service tech and water poured out. They're now replacing the tail light and upgrading the chrome strip that runs between the lights, as this was evidently a known vector for water intrusion.

So do make sure you check the headliner around the pano roof and the rear liftgate for leaks after being out in the rain. Odds are there won't be any, but older cars did have some issues.

• Helpful
Reactions: TwitchADC