Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car out in the rain few days a week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'll likely park my new white MS at the airport few times a week due to work commitments. This is in the Bay Area so it does tend to rain very often / heavy (very rarely hail but have seen it before).

Is there anything I should be mindful of / minimizing exterior wear or tips on how to keep it looking as clean as possible (so I'm not forced to wash my car every weekend :)

I realize this isn't an answer to the question about what products to use on the exterior of your car, but it's something to be mindful of:

After your brand new car has been out in the rain, check the interior headliner around the inside of the pano roof for moisture or other signs of leaks. Also, open your rear liftgate and check whether there is any water leaking into the bottom of the liftgate area, where it latches. (I suppose you could test these things with a garden hose instead of waiting for a rainstorm, but the rain is supposed to hit later today...)

Reactions: Gt1948
thanks for being helpful

You talk about rain in the 'Bay Area' like its Seattle - I checked- there has been measurable rain at SFO TWICE since July 1.

So it doesn't rain 'several times a week.' Nor are you going to the airport 'several times a week' because you'd simply STAY someplace rather than flying out 3-4 times a week [unless you are pilot for United] and even so - you've got a maximum of 17 duty days a month and out and backs are not big part of the UAL flying @ SFO. Min 2 day trips for most of them.

So in order to avoid thinking you are troll - my questions are legit. Esp when its only rained twice the last four months. ., . .

You talk about rain in the 'Bay Area' like its Seattle - I checked- there has been measurable rain at SFO TWICE since July 1.

So it doesn't rain 'several times a week.' Nor are you going to the airport 'several times a week' because you'd simply STAY someplace rather than flying out 3-4 times a week [unless you are pilot for United] and even so - you've got a maximum of 17 duty days a month and out and backs are not big part of the UAL flying @ SFO. Min 2 day trips for most of them.

So in order to avoid thinking you are troll - my questions are legit. Esp when its only rained twice the last four months. ., . .
OP better fess up or there's going to be some serious investigation coming up shortly