Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car, still on V9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my M3 for a week now and on V9, so I'll give it another week before I contact support.

I thought, though, if I went to the software screen it would show a message that it is checking for updates. Mine just says software is up to date and never changes.

Nope, that is not how it works, leave Tesla Support alone. You get the update when your vin is in the batch scheduled. Weeks after purchase. It could be as long as 6-10 weeks depending on the update. Welcome to the community! It’s like waiting for Christmas every month.

There is still a lot to learn. Read the TMC forums for topics that interest you; cellphone connection and use, STATS vs TESLAFI vs std TESLA apps, tires, daily charging settings, AP and supercharger travel, car washes and hand washing products, figuring out the controls, setting up your favorites for streaming and tunein, rereading the manual, learning what jack points are, figuring out how to setup the car in case of towing, tire pressures, accessories, etc. there is hundreds of topics that are new to car ownership. It not just over the air updates.

Then you’ll get a new update and the car changes, some you like, some you don’t.

Life with Tesla, just too much fun.

Reactions: Kevy Baby