Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New changes to Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bull

Chatting is great, just don't shoot the Bull.
Supporting Member
Oct 25, 2020
Tucson, AZ
Tesla has made more revisions to the Model S and X.
The Plaid now comes with "Higher thermal capability brake calipers" that are red.
You can also now get a round steering wheel.
They have also removed the Tesla logo from the rear.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
The Plaid now comes with "Higher thermal capability brake calipers" that are red.

It's not April 1 yet....

Although removing the logo from the rear I would believe for cost cutting.

• Funny
Reactions: Bull
I wonder if Tesla realized that the brakes they put on the Plaid originally were not good enough. And if we can use that fact to get ours upgraded... at no cost to us.

I wonder if Tesla realized that the brakes they put on the Plaid originally were not good enough. And if we can use that fact to get ours upgraded... at no cost to us.
I suspect that it will come to that eventually. When I bought mine it did not say anything about paid hardware upgrades required. Sooner or later lawyers are going to get involved and Tesla will have to honor its promises.

I've placed an order for a Model S Plaid, but don't have a VIN yet. I would hope that I'll get a car with the upgraded brakes. Seems kind of silly to remove the Tesla logo, but whatever.
After what they did to you they should make sure you get the latest and greatest. Hopefully there will be some posts with the new hardware so you will know the VIN range of the changes.

1672977846659.png

Not sure if it was always like this, but clearly not USS on the bumpers.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve and GSP