Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New charging station coming to Chamberlain, SD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
956683.jpg
956684.jpg

Reactions: Cyberjr
Thats interesting! There is already a good amount of charging stations in Oacoma just across the river. I will be driving through the area this weekend, I'll check it out!

Edit: I just realized this is probably an Electrify America station and not a Tesla supercharging station. This is fantastic news as well and makes much more sense than a second Supercharger stop.

Thats interesting! There is already a good amount of charging stations in Oacoma just across the river. I will be driving through the area this weekend, I'll check it out!

Edit: I just realized this is probably an Electrify America station and not a Tesla supercharging station. This is fantastic news as well and makes much more sense than a second Supercharger stop.
I talked to someone at the CENEX gas station (which is where that is at). He said that it is a charging station but doesn't know which brand it is.

Neither Tesla nor Electrify America shows Chamberlain as coming soon on its map.

Regardless, the Supercharger in Oacoma is only a V2 Supercharger, so even an Electrify America would be an improvement for Tesla drivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyberjr
I talked to someone at the CENEX gas station (which is where that is at). He said that it is a charging station but doesn't know which brand it is.

Neither Tesla nor Electrify America shows Chamberlain as coming soon on its map.

Regardless, the Supercharger in Oacoma is only a V2 Supercharger, so even an Electrify America would be an improvement for Tesla drivers.
3E3D175A-4425-4726-9196-C9971944CC54.jpeg
I was able to find this on PlugShare. I remember reading about this earlier in the year. My energy provider, West River Electric, is also participating in this program. They held meetings a couple months ago asking for the publics info on locations. I bet they just mirror Tesla chargers.

This is great for everyone! Better get my CCS adaptor ready. I would Love some fast charging when driving through the state. Hopefully Murdo and Mitchell get some new charging options soon, they are a little bit slower than the rest!

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian