Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New CPU/GPU?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdx

Sep 28, 2013
OR
Did anyone that attended the Model X unveil event ask about a new CPU/GPU for the Model X? The S is based on the Tegra 3 which is several years old. I'm just wondering if Tesla confirmed an upgrade there... mainly because I'm curious about retrofit options down the road for the Model S :)

I know this question was brought up prior to the event but I didn't see anything in the various threads afterwards.

Did anyone that attended the Model X unveil event ask about a new CPU/GPU for the Model X? The S is based on the Tegra 3 which is several years old. I'm just wondering if Tesla confirmed an upgrade there... mainly because I'm curious about retrofit options down the road for the Model S :)

I know this question was brought up prior to the event but I didn't see anything in the various threads afterwards.
don't quote me on this, but I thought I read somewhere that the specs on the center screen might be a little better but the underlying CPU/GPU are the same.