Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New CPU/GPU?

pdx

Sep 28, 2013
OR
Did anyone that attended the Model X unveil event ask about a new CPU/GPU for the Model X? The S is based on the Tegra 3 which is several years old. I'm just wondering if Tesla confirmed an upgrade there... mainly because I'm curious about retrofit options down the road for the Model S :)

I know this question was brought up prior to the event but I didn't see anything in the various threads afterwards.

liuping

Jul 23, 2013
San Diego
I don't recall it either. It seems current Model S owners would be able to tell from videos or the hands on experience at the event.
Since the Model X was running v7 software it would be hard to tell if the GPU was faster, or it's just optimized and/or drawing less stuff in the new software.

pdx

Sep 28, 2013
OR
Since the Model X was running v7 software it would be hard to tell if the GPU was faster, or it's just optimized and/or drawing less stuff in the new software.

Correct. That's why I asked the question :)

Last edited:

SeminoleFSU

Voluntaryist
Apr 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Did anyone that attended the Model X unveil event ask about a new CPU/GPU for the Model X? The S is based on the Tegra 3 which is several years old. I'm just wondering if Tesla confirmed an upgrade there... mainly because I'm curious about retrofit options down the road for the Model S :)

I know this question was brought up prior to the event but I didn't see anything in the various threads afterwards.
don't quote me on this, but I thought I read somewhere that the specs on the center screen might be a little better but the underlying CPU/GPU are the same.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC