Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Cubby Drawer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm am I right to say that this one isn't symmetrical/flush either? looks like there's consistently a slope from the right to the left. Or is it an impression I get from the angle you took the picture?
Correct. The left side is perpendicular to the front and back while the right side is somewhat angled. Whether the actual cubby hole is trapazoidal or a box I can't tell you.

I red somethere that the cubby hole has an irregular shape. This is probably why it's tough to build a drawer... however I'm just speculating here. Norm could tell. The question is, when you close it, does the front align well with the edges of the cubby hole.

I ended up putting the T knob on too. It was a hassle to make the holes for me. I ended up having to drill since I didn't have an awl. I tried a bunch of other small pointy objects before going that route. I'd like to know if it stays in the cubby hole for someone that has a Ludicrous car.

The drawers are totally irregular. That is why the appearance of sloping fit. It has to be a nightmare to make them. Mine fits well, but was engineered by a guy at Evamped. The left side appears to have a small gap, but from straight on, it looks perfect. I think I just shot this from a small angle with my phone.
Drawer closed no console.jpg

I made one myself and found it irregular. I am not interested in making another... I did however notice that when I had a loaner from the service center my cubby drawer that fit perfectly in my December 2016 MS 75 did not fit in an older P85. I am not sure how old but I suspect it was 2013 or 2014. The size of the cubby was definitely different.

Anyway I was curious how you did the logo on the leather bits? Branded, painted, laser?