Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Cybertruck images from earlier today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Cybertruck spotted in Palo Alto today with new camo wrap. More photos in thread.
screenshot-twitter.com-2023.06.14-01_22_59.png

I've owned a few Kias and currently own a Tesla. Kia interiors crap all over Tesla interiors in materials and fit & finish. The two aren't even in the same league. Someone in the Tesla forum criticizing the interior of ANY other car is ironic. Seriously, leave your bias at the door and go sit in fully loaded Telluride/Stinger/K5 and compare it to a Model Y/3. Some of you are just being ridiculous.
Enjoy your Kias!

as I have said many times, its not about the seats, the dash, etc for us Tesla fans, its about the best ecosystem
in the EV industry, for every aspect of researching, buying, trading, driving, charging, owning, maintaining, accessorizing, interacting, etc
Hyundai/Kia/Genesis is a top manufacturer in the EV market, one of the better and a formidable competitor as they and many others copy Tesla
for us EV fans, we need all manufacturers to be successful and keep up the great work
lets get the EV S curve climbing

back to the Cybertruck, it will establish a new type of multipurpose EV vehicle that we have not seen before
it is different, will drive different and be newest part of the ecosystem

the Tesla fans are excited, if your not a fan, no room here for negativity
leave that negativity for if it the CT does not deliver on the hype...we think it will

• Funny
Reactions: Alset Srotom
as I have said many times, its not about the seats, the dash, etc for us Tesla fans

He literally brought up interiors on the previous page. Interiors were clearly on his mind a few posts back. I didn't randomly start talking about interiors.

I've owned my M3P for a year and the interior absolutely does matter. It's the place where you spend the most time with the car. You see it way more than you see the exterior. It directly impacts your comfort and convenience.

Car interiors may not matter to you but there are many Tesla owners who do care about the lack of quality interiors. (Notice I'm referring to Tesla owners not Tesla "fans")

Like the photo of the Cybertruck's interior, my M3P's interior consist of soft/hard touch materials, plastic, and pleather. Tesla could do WAY better, especially when you compare it to vehicles that cost less than half as much. As long as "Tesla fans" excuse the inexcusable Tesla interiors will continue to lag behind the competition, which is why they aren't even trying to make the Cybertruck's interior nice.

back to the Cybertruck, it will establish a new type of multipurpose EV vehicle that we have not seen before

You've said this a few times now but I'm not following you. There are other EV trucks on the market. What exactly is the Cybertruck bringing to market that the others haven't? Those are a lot of words that aren't saying much. That paragraph looks like you just copy/pasted it directly from a Tesla presser.

Last edited:
He literally brought up interiors on the previous page. Interiors were clearly on his mind a few posts back. I didn't randomly start talking about interiors.

I've owned my M3P for a year and the interior absolutely does matter. It's the place where you spend the most time with the car. You see it way more than you see the exterior. It directly impacts your comfort and convenience.

Car interiors may not matter to you but there are many Tesla owners who do care about the lack of quality interiors. (Notice I'm referring to Tesla owners not Tesla "fans")

Like the photo of the Cybertruck's interior, my M3P's interior consist of soft/hard touch materials, plastic, and pleather. Tesla could do WAY better, especially when you compare it to vehicles that cost less than half as much. As long as "Tesla fans" excuse the inexcusable Tesla interiors will continue to lag behind the competition, which is why they aren't even trying to make the Cybertruck's interior nice.

You've said this a few times now but I'm not following you. There are other EV trucks on the market. What exactly is the Cybertruck bringing to market that the others haven't? Those are a lot of words that aren't saying much. That paragraph looks like you just copy/pasted it directly from a Tesla presser.
  1. Elon's thinking regarding Tesla vehicles
    1. Everything is designed for being a Robotaxi
      1. S/X is superior only to sell them for a premium
      2. Robotaxis need to be relatively premium but not at the expense of
        1. Maintainability
        2. Keeping clean
        3. Looking good after wear
      3. The best part is no part
        1. No old fashioned luxury interiors that are usually categorised by the number of switches
        2. Quality and luxury are two different things
          1. Quality doesn't go wrong and is not necessary luxurious
Cybertruck is not designed as a robotaxi but will be used as one. Elon won't change just for one product. Cybertruck is a workhorse and won't suit all. Minimalist is by nature a premium look.
1686914261255.png

Reactions: spata
We have traditionalist buyers SUV, car, pickup

The CT is not for the traditional buyer
The CT does not fit into any category or size exactly that exists today
The CT does not fit into a look
There is no comparison of the CT to any utility vehicle that looks similar today

That is what attracts me
I’m a non traditional buyer
I like utility vehicles that drive like a car
It it was not an EV, k would not be interested
It an EV first then a non traditional utility vehicle
Can’t wait to see, test drive, watch the reviews, watch it in the wild
Wait and snag one at my right time
MYP->CT just don’t know when

Reactions: Buckminster
great article that agrees with my point, the CT compares to nothing other then a new non traditional owner wanting:
radical look, utility abilities, overlanding abilities, 4x4, clearance, towing, mall runner, sub 3-4 sec launch, accessorizing, etc

We have traditionalist buyers SUV, car, pickup

The CT is not for the traditional buyer
The CT does not fit into any category or size exactly that exists today
The CT does not fit into a look
There is no comparison of the CT to any utility vehicle that looks similar today

That is what attracts me
I’m a non traditional buyer
I like utility vehicles that drive like a car
It it was not an EV, k would not be interested
It an EV first then a non traditional utility vehicle
Can’t wait to see, test drive, watch the reviews, watch it in the wild
Wait and snag one at my right time
MYP->CT just don’t know when

So, for clarity, when you say "new type of multipurpose EV vehicle that we have not seen before. . .it is different, will drive different," you're speaking entirely of the Delorean look?

I have driven many pickups, except the Ridgeline, and they all drive the same, like a pickup truck, be it the smaller Taco is a slight variation on the tradition, due to its size, but again its not an EV
The CT will be nimble like a 3/Y, but larger obviously, and definitely feel different than any other vehicle with a bed in the back
really only comparison, an EV with a bed in the back but drives like a Tesla
again, read the article I just posted, we cannot compare the CT to anything as nothing else exists, but the copies are coming
BYD, others in China, maybe VW/Scout will try, we will see

CT is a disruptor, creating a entirely new radical looking EV multipurpose vehicle...category
imagine this category filling up in the next 10 years, where manufacturers will place their radical designs

I have driven many pickups, except the Ridgeline, and they all drive the same, like a pickup truck, be it the smaller Taco is a slight variation on the tradition, due to its size, but again its not an EV
The CT will be nimble like a 3/Y, but larger obviously, and definitely feel different than any other vehicle with a bed in the back
again, read the article I just posted, we cannot compare the CT to anything as nothing else exists, but the copies are coming

CT is a disruptor, creating a entirely new radical looking EV multipurpose vehicle...category
imagine this category filling up in the next 10 years, where manufacturers will place their radical designs

This is what's confusing me. You keep saying how different the CT is and how there's nothing else like it, but there are already electric pickup trucks on the market. They have been available for years. You're comparing the CT to ICE powered trucks. Why not compare it to electric trucks? Aside from the "radical looks" (which, quite frankly looks how John Delorean envisioned "futuristic" in the late 1970s) how is the CT disrupting where the R1T, Lightening, Silverado EV, Hummer, Sierra EV, Ram EV, etc aren't?

In simpler words, what is so different about the CT compared to the already existing and growing competition? Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Tesla is playing catch up with the CT, and he's right. The market is already there and growing--Tesla is jumping into a crowded pool, while you're making it seem like they're inventing the pool. I'm just not seeing the revolutionary aspects that you are.

You think that the CT is going to be "nimble" like a 3/Y....... have you heard how many 3 to Y converts complain about the Y handling compared to the 3 but you somehow expect the CT to "nimble" lol......

Everything exist that the CT IS COPYING.... Frunk? Check? 4 wheel steering? Check Outlets on the bed? check Home back up? Check

Are you talking about the windshield wiper?

Again the design is so radical it came from the 80's...... are you trolling?

...There are other EV trucks on the market. What exactly is the Cybertruck bringing to market that the others haven't? ...
Not who you asked but I can answer for myself. At the time that it was announced these were all valid, we won't know for sure until we see the final stats.

First the supercharger network. No other EV is viable for me without that network or the equivalent, which does not exist. That alone eliminates all non-Teslas. Obviously Teslas recent idiocy of opening up their network makes other options viable.

Second, 500 mile range. Nothing even comes close with pickups.

Third price, at the announced price the CT was a compelling option. Now that I expect the top of the line to be over 100k not so much.

Not who you asked but I can answer for myself. At the time that it was announced these were all valid, we won't know for sure until we see the final stats.

First the supercharger network. No other EV is viable for me without that network or the equivalent, which does not exist. That alone eliminates all non-Teslas. Obviously Teslas recent idiocy of opening up their network makes other options viable.

Second, 500 mile range. Nothing even comes close with pickups.

Third price, at the announced price the CT was a compelling option. Now that I expect the top of the line to be over 100k not so much.

When it was announced......again they are late and bring nothing that others haven't already. Well maybe the spartan interior

New big dynamic as EV adoption climbs, people are trading in new and great EVs to Tesla to get Teslas and gain access to the Tesla ecosystem
Two drivers I am seeing:
1. HORRIBLE CHARGING EXPERIENCE
Access to supercharging as Ford and GM will only gain app access in Jan+ and need to use and adapter
2. BAD APPLICATIONS (PHONE//VEHICLE)
Want in vehicle app stability, as some are experiencing difficulty with VW and Hyundai

These are not T fanboys as their first EVs were not Tesla
They are loosing money on brand new EVs, retail to wholesale/tradein, because they
They realized they need a working ecosystem

They switched and picked Tesla

• Funny
Reactions: Alset Srotom
New big dynamic as EV adoption climbs, people are trading in new and great EVs to Tesla to get Teslas and gain access to the Tesla ecosystem
Two drivers I am seeing:
1. HORRIBLE CHARGING EXPERIENCE
Access to supercharging as Ford and GM will only gain app access in Jan+ and need to use and adapter
2. BAD APPLICATIONS (PHONE//VEHICLE)
Want in vehicle app stability, as some are experiencing difficulty with VW and Hyundai

These are not T fanboys as their first EVs were not Tesla
They are loosing money on brand new EVs, retail to wholesale/tradein, because they
They realized they need a working ecosystem

They switched and picked Tesla

That’s the problem. Their first EV wasn’t a Tesla. Once you own and consistently drive a Tesla you see the possibilities.

Me? I’m grabbing a Model 3 as my daily driver and keeping miles off my Lightning just in case the CT comes out better than expected. But I’m not holding my breath.

as I have said many times, its not about the seats, the dash, etc for us Tesla fans, its about the best ecosystem
in the EV industry, for every aspect of researching, buying, trading, driving, charging, owning, maintaining, accessorizing, interacting, etc
Hyundai/Kia/Genesis is a top manufacturer in the EV market, one of the better and a formidable competitor as they and many others copy Tesla
for us EV fans, we need all manufacturers to be successful and keep up the great work
lets get the EV S curve climbing

the Tesla fans are excited, if your not a fan, no room here for negativity
leave that negativity for if it the CT does not deliver on the hype...we think it will
What… only positive CT comments allowed? LOL.

Reactions: Brou
No
but with good debates, good counters, and evidence provided, read the given info and if we cannot resolve
we should agree to disagree
def should be civil

example
saying a manufacturer interior is better than another when we are really talking about an ecosystem, can be said but if it goes on it does not make sense
the Genesis GV60 has a high end lux interior, amazing, wow
but the Model Y as the superior ecosystem
in this forum, on that topic, we don’t care about the interior (unless sub par)
btw, let’s compare current models, let’s compare M3 highland to ioniq6 not the current M3, leapfrogging is a false comparison
superior ecosystem
i just posted, people are trading in new GV60s because rhe Genesis ecosystem does not work as good as T
(that includes supercharging)
i am not making this up

1687023014548.png

Take the above, add the the superior EV ecosystem which is everything that supports the the vehicle:
In-vehicle app, iphone/android app, supercharging network, MCU/Gen3 home charger, FSD/EAP, OTA updates, minimalistic interior, lifecycle experience from buying/delivery/service, Tesla employees at many levels, aftermarket accessory support, vertical integration, 4680s, gigacastings, stock, other company partnerships, industry leadership, NACS, etc.
I could go on for there is so much wrapped around Tesla vehicles and the company.
No other EV manufacturer can compare, they are all chasing Tesla.

Ill say we, as this post was started and most of the participants are positive, enthusiastic, excited, etc. about the future of Tesla and the CT.
CT design is radical, size is different and intent as attracting those interested in radical is spot on.
You are highly negative and clearly not interested in the CT. We are, so please move on to another forum. You do not add anything, but hostility...

View attachment 947910
Take the above, add the the superior EV ecosystem which is everything that supports the the vehicle:
In-vehicle app, iphone/android app, supercharging network, MCU/Gen3 home charger, FSD/EAP, OTA updates, minimalistic interior, lifecycle experience from buying/delivery/service, Tesla employees at many levels, aftermarket accessory support, vertical integration, 4680s, gigacastings, stock, other company partnerships, industry leadership, NACS, etc.
I could go on for there is so much wrapped around Tesla vehicles and the company.
No other EV manufacturer can compare, they are all chasing Tesla.

Ill say we, as this post was started and most of the participants are positive, enthusiastic, excited, etc. about the future of Tesla and the CT.
CT design is radical, size is different and intent as attracting those interested in radical is spot on.
You are highly negative and clearly not interested in the CT. We are, so please move on to another forum. You do not add anything, but hostility...

Exhibit #1 on why Tesla gets away with taking features away and not having any worry about their sales dropping….. smh