Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Denver Tesla Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the new techs at the Denver Service Center I have some trepidation about them doing a DU replacement! Hope that they are well trained or that someone with experience handles the repair.
Don't be concerned, there are still a lot of familiar faces -- they just have a lot more room to move around. And it's a pretty simple operation, just a couple of hours.

My first visit to the new Denver Service Center in Littleton and I was impressed with the place. If coming south on Broadway be sure to get into the left lane to turn left on Littleton to get to the entrance. You drive your car into the SC in a line for processing — no need to worry about exhaust fumes with EVs!
Denver Service Center1964sf 10-11-17.jpg

^This picture was taken early (8:15 AM) so there were only two of us but a couple of hours later there were a half dozen cars lined up in two columns at any given time. The windows to the immediate right is the office of the CSRs. The windows to the right in the distance are in the waiting lounge and allow a good view of the service work being done. The thick cable coiled on the floor is one of two long Supercharger cables used for charging cars before delivery.
Denver Service Center1963sf 10-11-17.jpg

This is some of the SC bays; there are more off the left of the picture. Although it was fairly empty this early, a couple of hours later it was jammed with cars being worked on, many on lifts. The floor throughout is shiny white and they must wash or mop it daily. Doesn't look like any conventional ICE car garage I've ever seen!

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSqB
Don't be concerned, there are still a lot of familiar faces -- they just have a lot more room to move around. And it's a pretty simple operation, just a couple of hours.
The couple of hours turned into a day and a half. I was waiting the first day, hoping for a half day operation but after nine hours they told me they couldn't get it finished and had a loaner car returned that they could give me to drive back to my friends' house in Boulder. I finally got my car back at 12:30 PM the next day and had to drive the last hundred miles home in the dark, which scares me because of the risk of hitting deer on the highway — I did see fresh deer carcasses along the road, as always this time of the year. [I've already lost one car to a deer and don't want to hit one with my Tesla, so I try not to drive at "deer-o'clock."]

I was told that the reason for the long time to do my DU replacement was because they were understaffed that day and had booked too much business. I took advantage of my long wait to walk to Ketring Park, about a mile away, and enjoy the lovely weather next to the lake to read a book. The local Canada geese are so tame that they were grazing on the grass within three feet of my chair and paid me no attention.
Littleton CO-2017-10-9 Bing   Maps.png

Not what they said to me at the opening. I was told they'd be debadging Evans, but keeping it for storage, etc.
The phase I've heard from a couple of personnel at Littleton is there will be no more "Customer Facing Activities" at the old Evans place. Nobody was able to say whether it will eventually be sold.

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the Evans location re-appeared on Tesla's Find Us map. I thought it was removed from the site quite a while ago?
They removed it from the map but have been using it as "overflow" for several months. At one time, they were using it for CPO refurbishment.

We had one car serviced there a couple weeks back. When you schedule an appointment online or in the app, you can choose between the two Denver area service centers. Typically, the Littleton location has been more in demand and had a longer wait. I'll still choose the Littleton location for my car but it's nice for others to have the Evans option again.