Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New development on EOQ and deliveries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sbtz

Jan 18, 2016
CA
So I just got a call from my DS saying that, direct from Elon, orders that wouldn't be able to make physical delivery by EOQ would have their terms honored whenever delivery is actually made.

My car, for example, was across the country when I placed the deposit. I was assured at the time that the 24m lease would be available whenever the car was delivered, only to find out on a call w/ Tesla Financial that the deadline was in fact taking delivery by 9/30.

I was asked to "take delivery" by 9/30 by signing for the car, then waiting for it to be actually shipped to me weeks later. Based on today's call (and I'm asking for confirmation in writing, since this has been such a convoluted process, not because I don't trust my DS/OA), orders have come down from the mountain that they'll do it the right way - I think that's a great step, and I hope that they learn from this EOQ craziness.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
I don't think you would ever want to take delivery of a car before inspection. Especially given possibility of damage during transport...

I was reluctant, but didn't have much of a choice at that point. I had missed my opportunity to get the 75D I was originally going to do a 24m lease on, had my outlet installed, and have scheduled the disposition of my current car, and I got one of those amazing deals on the P90DL. Needless to say, I was kind of backed into a corner by the "sign by EOQ or miss out entirely"... so I'm glad that they've decided to just do it the right way (for now).

I was reluctant, but didn't have much of a choice at that point. I had missed my opportunity to get the 75D I was originally going to do a 24m lease on, had my outlet installed, and have scheduled the disposition of my current car, and I got one of those amazing deals on the P90DL. Needless to say, I was kind of backed into a corner by the "sign by EOQ or miss out entirely"... so I'm glad that they've decided to just do it the right way (for now).

I didn't hear that it came from Elon, but I'm being told the original lease terms will be honored regardless of when the car arrives, and that Tesla financial saying otherwise is incorrect. So it would seem consistent with what you are being told.

I'm not really sure who to believe in this EOQ chaos - I'm flying tomorrow to pick mine up and spend three days snaking my way home 1200 miles....It may be fun or my death!

Actually it has worked out fine and I was tired of waiting three weeks for a car - excited to get it finally!

I didn't hear that it came from Elon, but I'm being told the original lease terms will be honored regardless of when the car arrives, and that Tesla financial saying otherwise is incorrect. So it would seem consistent with what you are being told.

Did you get this in writing somewhere? I asked for this from my DS, but haven't heard anything back. Really hoping that I can trust them on this, but it seems like they (Tesla) are just making things up as they go sometimes.

I'm not really sure who to believe in this EOQ chaos - I'm flying tomorrow to pick mine up and spend three days snaking my way home 1200 miles....It may be fun or my death!

Actually it has worked out fine and I was tired of waiting three weeks for a car - excited to get it finally!

Be sure to post when you get it!

You'll enjoy the trip. As long as picking it up across state lines doesn't cause you to pay additional tax, i would do it too.

No tax issues. A fun drive. A great car.

So I grabbed it in Denver yesterday. It's a pretty fun road trip going supercharger to supercharger. Glad I did it. A Kansas supercharger action shot attached.

Attachments

• IMG_9131.JPG
    IMG_9131.JPG
    509.4 KB · Views: 75