Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New EAP Trial Stuck Forever

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 42.4 firmware update Monday night. When I walked in the car Tuesday morning, a EAP trial window stuck in the screen. It says "Enhanced Autopilot Trial. Software update in progress. Please leave car in PARK and release the brake pedal. This may take a minute".

It turns out the minute means forever. 6 hours passed, the screen is still there, making the navigation park of the screen unusable. So, I searched online and found most people used a soft reboot to fix the issue.

I did so, and it did temporarily fix the problem. This morning, however, when I walked in the car, the same screen showed up again. Exact the same old issue.

Do I have to do a software reboot everyone day for the next 30 days? I contacted the local service center. They said it was a known issue. CA guys are working on a fix. I just curious if anyone finds a solution already. The other people I saw online seems do not complain the stuck screen shows up again after a soft reboot.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
If this is feasible, I'd check for symptoms of a partial software download/install (e.g., a large but <250MB data download in the days leading up to your s/w update notice). When my notice for 42.4 came (I was on 42.2), only half the update had downloaded and I had a "Software update required, Contact Tesla Service" notice that stuck on the screen.

Turns out the partial s/w update had disabled all sensors/radar, TACC and EAP on my car. I discovered these after I started driving (2 hour roadtrip driving the Tesla like a "regular" car was no fun). Logged two bug reports and luckily a s/w update notice showed up on LTE within 2 hours. Tesla restored to normalcy on the return trip - such a difference! Tesla customer service had offered 4-6 business days' resolution; so thankful didn't have to wait that long. Not sure whether my logging bugs "EAP and TACC not available" sounded emergent enough for them to expedite...

This may or may not be related to your situation, but there's something a bit funky with 42.4 - several people experienced similar error messages on screen, after (presumed) successful installs. It was also my first failed firmware update. I'd consider asking Tesla to re-push 42.4 to your car to see if the problem goes away.

If this is feasible, I'd check for symptoms of a partial software download/install (e.g., a large but <250MB data download in the days leading up to your s/w update notice). When my notice for 42.4 came (I was on 42.2), only half the update had downloaded and I had a "Software update required, Contact Tesla Service" notice that stuck on the screen.

Turns out the partial s/w update had disabled all sensors/radar, TACC and EAP on my car. I discovered these after I started driving (2 hour roadtrip driving the Tesla like a "regular" car was no fun). Logged two bug reports and luckily a s/w update notice showed up on LTE within 2 hours. Tesla restored to normalcy on the return trip - such a difference! Tesla customer service had offered 4-6 business days' resolution; so thankful didn't have to wait that long. Not sure whether my logging bugs "EAP and TACC not available" sounded emergent enough for them to expedite...

This may or may not be related to your situation, but there's something a bit funky with 42.4 - several people experienced similar error messages on screen, after (presumed) successful installs. It was also my first failed firmware update. I'd consider asking Tesla to re-push 42.4 to your car to see if the problem goes away.

Thanks for the information. I think I have to contact the central CS line. Do you have any trick as far reach out CS quickly. Every time I called their CS line, I have to wait 30 min to 1 hour.

No really, but the trick is probably in the timing. I'd called the service line on a Friday at 10:30 pm (ET) immediately after seeing the error message in the car (note: all seemed well per the app, except the firmware version hadn't updated!). It warned me of a 50 min wait time. So I gave up. Tried them again at 7:15 am on Saturday and got through after holding for 10 mins...

YMMV based on call volume on said day, though.

I get the message every morning as well.
IMG_4825[1].JPG

It's really annoying.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Customer Service told me over the phone this was a rare bug...

It is trying to connect to a version of the EAP that bo longer exists. For me they said it was trying to find the 14 day one and not the current 30 day one. I called them last Saturday. Still not fixed tet, so I need to call again but I recommend calling on a weekday...

Maybe reference this thread so they know it is not as rare as they think...

I have this pop up as well every morning. I had the SC send me a firmware update to help fix the issue but it still occurs. I think the issue won’t go away until you receive a new firmware version update which I’m hoping is any day now. Looking forward to sentry mode

So... Are you guys driving around with this message on the screen? Because it clearly tells you to leave the car in park.

This could be a problem if you have an accident and were driving your car even though the car warned you not to. Maybe you should get on to Tesla about a loaner while they fix it.