Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted: Red Model S, eastbound in Howland, Maine. Well north of Bangor and deep into the Great Northeastern Charging Wilderness, Friday 6/7 around 8am. Headed to a cottage on one of the lakes? First one I've ever seen "in the wild" up here.

Today 7/13 I saw what through my sunglasses looked like a red Tesla on Water St in Waterville. At a glance it could have been a Maine Veteran plate, but it's Maine International Film Festival week so could have been a visitor from who knows where.*

7/4 my wife took her brother to see the fireworks and she said she saw what she thought was a Tesla. Not red though.

That's only my 2nd wild sighting and first in Maine. (Drive Electric South Portland doesn't count.)

* If I were a total Teslaphile I could go scouting for Teslas in hotel parking lots.

...That's only my 2nd wild sighting and first in Maine. (Drive Electric South Portland doesn't count.)

* If I were a total Teslaphile I could go scouting for Teslas in hotel parking lots.

Hotel parking lots? Maybe. I've been to Blue Hill and Sedgwick, which I think of as beyond Bangor. I'm good at hunting down electrons in wild charging wasteland type places and you generally won't find my car in any hotel parking lots. Well, maybe if they have destination chargers but there weren't any up there at that time. I think you're more likely to spot Teslas at events like the film festival.

I have been up to Lewiston / Auburn four or five time and to Augusta three times since taking delivery in Dec 2012. I love being in Maine (in general, but in context here too) as people stop me on the street to ask about the Model S. It is like the "old days" down here when you had to build in Tesla Time to any trip to the grocery. My family in Augusta actually invited friends over to check out the car when we were there in May. I did about 10 test drives that day, and ended up limping into Auburn where we were staying (got to the charger with 11 miles of range!!). Thankfully the chargers at Lee Nissan were available and fast, so we were all good the next morning for the trek back to CT.

Hello, everyone. Just joined. Ordered my 70D yesterday after a year of thinking about it. Got posts of help from the staffs of the Natick and Dedham stores. I live in Dedham, not far from the new store. Looking forward to the new car in September, and to meeting other TMC members from the Boston area and the rest of New England.

Hello, everyone. Just joined. Ordered my 70D yesterday after a year of thinking about it. Got posts of help from the staffs of the Natick and Dedham stores. I live in Dedham, not far from the new store. Looking forward to the new car in September, and to meeting other TMC members from the Boston area and the rest of New England.
Welcome to TMC and to Tesla ownership!

David, welcome!

Join the Meetup group...

http://www.meetup.com/New-England-Tesla-Motors-Club/

...or hang out at the superchargers :)