Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cinergi and JRod convinced me to stop lurking when I met them face to face at the Natick store this weekend, so hello all. I drive by the Waterown maintenance facility all the time. Great to have Tesla in my back yard. :D

Cepheus, are you a reservation holder?

Somehow I managed to avoid the mall this weekend even though it is 5 minutes away...

I might pick up a t-shirt or two if that helps. :wink:

Also to answer the original poster's question, I am a biomedical software engineer. I work at one of the major hospitals in Boston and live just west of the city. I commute mostly by bicycle or commuter rail so the cost benefit analysis just is not there for me in the current models. Hopefully, Gen III will end up making more sense at that point in my life.

Hi Robert!

I own a Roadster in VT about half-way up the state not far from Dartmouth College in NH. My wife might get a Model S when our number comes up so we can be an all-electric family. We're about half-way between Boston and Montreal with 70 amps for anyone passing through.

I've enjoyed your intelligent and informative presence on this forum and look forward to meeting you in person some day.

I'd like to organize a rally in VT this fall in early October (peak foliage) when it's breathtakingly beautiful driving through our mountains. Hoping to work out logistics this summer.

-Henry

Hi Henry - we are in the Eastman/Grantham NH area as I write. Foliage is awesome. From suburban Ma awaiting a 2012 delivery...hopefully. Gotta be honest that a 70A stop-by may be very helpful someday, but anticipating a Supercharger in White River Junction...Guessing by the dots on the Supercharge reveal map...

Hi Henry - we are in the Eastman/Grantham NH area as I write. Foliage is awesome. From suburban Ma awaiting a 2012 delivery...hopefully. Gotta be honest that a 70A stop-by may be very helpful someday, but anticipating a Supercharger in White River Junction...Guessing by the dots on the Supercharge reveal map...

You picked a good weekend to come up! I'm only 15 mi from WRJ so a supercharger there won't be of any use to me. I expect they will install it in W. Leb rather than WRJ but who knows? It feels like I'm in a good location, especially since they want to put a SC 15 mi from my home! I can easily get to Boston, Montreal and most cities in CT. NYC requires a stop somewhere. The Cape requires a stop. Other than those last 2 places, we don't expect to ever need supercharging.

checking in from worcester. been lurking for a while now but, until today, had trouble registering. I'm P1675 and was hoping to get my car in November but looks like that may be a little too optimistic at this point. i'll cross my fingers for December. Until then i'll have to settle for my iphone upgrade.

Worcester! I grew up there. Welcome aboard! Hopefully P1675 is delivered this year!

You interested in the area "party" (with 1, perhaps 2, Model S's showing up) this Sunday? (There's a thread in here on it) -- PM me to RSVP & get the details.

checking in from worcester. been lurking for a while now but, until today, had trouble registering. I'm P1675 and was hoping to get my car in November but looks like that may be a little too optimistic at this point. i'll cross my fingers for December. Until then i'll have to settle for my iphone upgrade.
Welcome, Dennis! I'll wager that your Model S and mine will be on the same van from Fremont (1635 -- 1675). I got a random call from Tesla fairly recently assuring me that my car will be here by the end of the year, though at this point, who knows?

What's your configuration?

@cinergi: great videos Ben. thanks for the effort. looks like a lot of work. makes the wait all that more agonizing though. definitely interested in the party. i'll pm you (if i can figure out how to do that). was really hoping to get the car in november but.....well......you know the story.

@robert: very close numbers. where are you taking delivery? sounds like a safe bet that our cars will be on the same truck. it would be scandalous if they delivered my 1675 a few hours before your 1635. but worcester is closer to fremont. i toyed with the idea of picking it up at the factory and driving it across the country but it doesn't look like that's going to pan out. a friend of mine, geoff (he posted his experience here recently) drove his roadster across already anyway. my configuration:

85 kWh
silver
black leather interior
pano roof
19" wheels
tech package
sound studio
active air
parcel shelf
twin chargers
i ordered the wall connector but may cancel that
no child seats.

Welcome, Dennis! I'll wager that your Model S and mine will be on the same van from Fremont (1635 -- 1675). I got a random call from Tesla fairly recently assuring me that my car will be here by the end of the year, though at this point, who knows?

What's your configuration?

Welcome Dennis. The forum is tremendously helpful, and the New England forum ESP so. Robert, nice to hear they still anticipate a 2012 delivery for you. ggwants atesla is also about P1600 and on the delivoery update thread notes a few reasons to be optimistic. If they really get up to 400/week soon, then I am about a week ahead at P1079. Who knows. Could be March for us all.

Welcome Dennis. The forum is tremendously helpful, and the New England forum ESP so. Robert, nice to hear they still anticipate a 2012 delivery for you. ggwants atesla is also about P1600 and on the delivoery update thread notes a few reasons to be optimistic. If they really get up to 400/week soon, then I am about a week ahead at P1079. Who knows. Could be March for us all.

If they make it to 400 per week before the end of the year I might cry tears of joy and relief, and I'm not even buying one.

PS at the estimated marginal cost of $400/kWh your $35 might buy you 0.0875kWh.

@robert: very close numbers. where are you taking delivery? sounds like a safe bet that our cars will be on the same truck. it would be scandalous if they delivered my 1675 a few hours before your 1635. but worcester is closer to fremont. i toyed with the idea of picking it up at the factory and driving it across the country but it doesn't look like that's going to pan out.
I'm cool with you getting your car a little ahead of mine; just get'm on the truck! At present, I'm planning on taking delivery at my office, the John Hancock Tower in Back Bay (home delivery would require navigating narrow, twisty streets in Charlestown).

Like you, I had seriously considered factory delivery and a cross-country drive. I wanted to take a route generally paralleling I-70, which tracks a series of friends, but too many key RV parks will be closed soon. :-( Even had a friend lined up to travel with (as this sort of road-trip is not of interest to my wife).

FWIW, our cars differ only in colors. Yours are silver/black; mine, green/tan. Both great combos, IMO. Hope to see you tomorrow morning!

Hey so where is everybody? Not a post in a week? Wait, wait - I got it. You are all watching Ben Goodwin flicks on YouTube. After 8 days I just pulled myself away. Addictive. Developing the DTs but hoping I'll forego seizures during the BGYTVW (Ben Goodwin YouTube Video Withdrawal). My wife hasn't seen me in days, and our marriage was falling into...dysynergy. Well, DysCinergi, some might say. But, Ben, I am bringing The New Englanders back from MSFL (Model S Fantasy Land).

You know, honestly, it is hopeless. Who'da thunk a New England guy in plaid would change the face of Tesla for all? Ben, those videos are amazing. I think I have watched them all. My favorite moment is when you are doing the exterior and interior walk-through, and after sharing 4,247 facts and 342 suggestions for Tesla, you sort of settle into the back, middle seat, you talk about how comfortable it is, how there's no tranmission-hump on the floor, and - suddenly - you are silent. The video continues to pan the car as seen, say, from the viewpoint of a ten-year old boy in the backseat. And we are all that boy. A childhood of matchbox cars all crescendos at this moment. You sit and just take in this car, panning, silent. And I get it. All the dreams of childhood come true right there. The leather. The massive touch screen shining back at us, the Bauhaus sheik minimalism. The anticipation of silent, unrelenting acceleration. The epic work of scores of engineers under us in the battery, just behind us in the gearless motor, around us in the American Aluminum, over us in the Pano-Glass, and as the car and we sit there in that middle seat, floating on air suspension, silent, the thrill of Zero-Tailpipe, 100% Torque astounds us.

So, I found myself on my long-awaited (3-1/2 years) test drive in White Plains NY last weekend. As I accelerated from zero to 91mph in traffic, my heart stood still even as it pounded at 120 beats per minute. I was informed that the speed-limiting governor must have been released with the new software update the night before...Perfect. What a joy from the drivers seat - Though I like that view from the back middle seat, too.