Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first post was on the delivery thread, but I thought I'd introduce myself here as well. As a newbie who only reserved in early November 2012 (14,743), I am humbled by those who waited one, two or three years - I've found even the past few months to be trying - and expect the next weeks to be even more so. I find myself searching news articles, reviews, forum posts and youtube daily for more info about and videos of the S.

I got my "time to configure" email last Friday but have held off ordering because I'm debating between Blue and Green, probably with tan and matte obeche - on an 85KWH with pano, air, tech, stereo, armor, twin chargers and child seats. Visited Natick with my son and neighbor today - my second visit (prior one was the day I wound up reserving). I had talked my neighbor's ear off about the car previously, but he had his eyes opened at the gallery - more so by the chassis on display than the car itself.

I'll be replacing a 2011 Audi A4 - originally intended to keep it a few more years but the kids are starting to outgrow the rear seat, and I can't take all five without using my wife's Honda Odyssey. And then there's the issue of bumper scratches...
nothing like the Model S to justify an upgrade!

Peter, welcome. The site is a great source of information, inspiration, and therapy. Enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally got to see ModelS1079 today. Great looking, that blue. Enjoyed the tour of the 4.1 software. The final three minutes under the parking lot lights really drove it home. My wife noted big smile all the way home. Thanks again!! Jim

Was a pleasure. FYI, 4.2 fixed any bugs I'd mentioned. Hope Elon sends one your way very soon. Nuthin' better.

My first post was on the delivery thread, but I thought I'd introduce myself here as well. As a newbie who only reserved in early November 2012 (14,743), I am humbled by those who waited one, two or three years - I've found even the past few months to be trying - and expect the next weeks to be even more so. I find myself searching news articles, reviews, forum posts and youtube daily for more info about and videos of the S.

I got my "time to configure" email last Friday but have held off ordering because I'm debating between Blue and Green, probably with tan and matte obeche - on an 85KWH with pano, air, tech, stereo, armor, twin chargers and child seats. Visited Natick with my son and neighbor today - my second visit (prior one was the day I wound up reserving). I had talked my neighbor's ear off about the car previously, but he had his eyes opened at the gallery - more so by the chassis on display than the car itself.

I'll be replacing a 2011 Audi A4 - originally intended to keep it a few more years but the kids are starting to outgrow the rear seat, and I can't take all five without using my wife's Honda Odyssey. And then there's the issue of bumper scratches...
nothing like the Model S to justify an upgrade!

Peter, I live in Natick conveniently near the mall and have horribly dirty blue Model S if you want to see the color.

/Ed

This is a question that dosesn't exactly fit in this thread, but might be related to our area..

Has anyone noticed the wheels get covered in a fine dust/grime? I only picked up the car Thursday at 9PM, driven about 300 miles since, and had to take it to a touch less car wash already (which did not remove any of the wheel dust/grime, I had to do that manually with a microfiber towel). Is that brake dust, or is airborne dirt just attracted to the wheels like a magnet? The silver wheels where literally black within 3 days :-(

Hmm, I have the 19" silver winters on and while there was a little light salt/brake dust on the wheels, you couldn't really see it. If the wheels were black, I wonder if the brakes are active more than they would be typically - have you turned down the regenerative braking from standard by any chance? If the black stuff is on the wheels but not the side of the car, I would suspect brakes.

Regenerative braking is set to "normal" I'm getting a lot of regen and hardly touch the brakes, except at the very end, I let regen do most of the slowing down of the car. It's almost like the wheels are "electrically charged" and just attracting dirt and grime out of the air. I should have taken pictures before I cleaned them... If it continues to happen, I will. Just odd for only 300 miles driven, and the weather not being much snow/rain.

Hi, I made my reservation (P16,4XX) on 12/22. Based on the "finalize order" thread, reservation holders from 2012 are being asked to finalize at a very high rate (they are up to 15,300), so I better get my act together on colors and options. I would welcome some feedback on the 19" vs 21" wheel choice. I've had two cars with 19" wheels and had a few bent rims with the lousy Massachusetts roads. On the colors, I am thinking about Green, Blue, or multi-coat Red. I live in Sudbury and was thinking about checking out the Watertown service center to see if they have a few cars around. Thanks, Dave

Hi, I made my reservation (P16,4XX) on 12/22. Based on the "finalize order" thread, reservation holders from 2012 are being asked to finalize at a very high rate (they are up to 15,300), so I better get my act together on colors and options. I would welcome some feedback on the 19" vs 21" wheel choice. I've had two cars with 19" wheels and had a few bent rims with the lousy Massachusetts roads. On the colors, I am thinking about Green, Blue, or multi-coat Red. I live in Sudbury and was thinking about checking out the Watertown service center to see if they have a few cars around. Thanks, Dave

Dave, wouldn't 21" wheels be more prone to pothole damage?
Will this be your only car? Will you drive it in the winter?

I went with 19's and snows...

Stopping by the service center is a good idea...

Dave, wouldn't 21" wheels be more prone to pothole damage?
Will this be your only car? Will you drive it in the winter?

I went with 19's and snows...

Stopping by the service center is a good idea...

I will drive in the winter except for snowy days as I have a 4wd family hauler. I should have been more clear. I am thinking that I've had problems w 19" wheels, so right, 21" could be even worse. Thanks

Decided to check in here. Although I am a New Yorker, I do have a second home in VT so I spend a lot of time driving in New England.

i am reservation 12,991 and received my delivery windw today, 2/7 - 2/21.

I am already trying to plan a summer rad trip and am running into issues. I need to take my daughter to camp in Piermont NH which is 265 miles away. It seems I can probably get there with a range charge but I would then be stranded. Even if the camp had a 240v outlet I could use I would still need to charge for 8 hours to be able to drive home, and staying overnight is really not an option.

ideally I would charge long enough to drive to my house in VT (about 125 miles) however this would still take way too long.

I have come to the conclusion that the only way this trip is feasible is if the long discussed WRJ supercharger s in place by the end of June. Unless of course if anyone has another idea.

I live about 25 min from Piermont NH. Probably 30 min to Camp Walt Whitman. I realize that's not much use to you... Will your car have 20kW charging capacity?

Decided to check in here. Although I am a New Yorker, I do have a second home in VT so I spend a lot of time driving in New England.

i am reservation 12,991 and received my delivery windw today, 2/7 - 2/21.

I am already trying to plan a summer rad trip and am running into issues. I need to take my daughter to camp in Piermont NH which is 265 miles away. It seems I can probably get there with a range charge but I would then be stranded. Even if the camp had a 240v outlet I could use I would still need to charge for 8 hours to be able to drive home, and staying overnight is really not an option.

ideally I would charge long enough to drive to my house in VT (about 125 miles) however this would still take way too long.

I have come to the conclusion that the only way this trip is feasible is if the long discussed WRJ supercharger s in place by the end of June. Unless of course if anyone has another idea.

Hi everyone, New member from Sudbury, reservation 16,400, received my finalize button last week. I decided to stopp by Tesla service in Watertown to check out colors and options. There are going to be a lot of happy New Englander's in the next few weeks. 3-blues, 1-black, 1-green, 1-white, 1-brown, 1-grey P85 w/grey wheels (cool), with a mix of 21's and 19's, 60's and 85's. Too bad, they didn't have a sunset red to check out. They all look great and it is going to be a tough decision.

I met Matt, the service manager, who was great. He said test drives are starting on February 1st at the new Natick sales location, but he happened to have the test drive vehicle at the service center and let me drive it around the bock!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone, New member from Sudbury, reservation 16,400, received my finalize button last week. I decided to stopp by Tesla service in Watertown to check out colors and options. There are going to be a lot of happy New Englander's in the next few weeks. 3-blues, 1-black, 1-green, 1-white, 1-brown, 1-grey P85 w/grey wheels (cool), with a mix of 21's and 19's, 60's and 85's. Too bad, they didn't have a sunset red to check out. They all look great and it is going to be a tough decision.

I met Matt, the service manager, who was great. He said test drives are starting on February 1st at the new Natick sales location, but he happened to have the test drive vehicle at the service center and let me drive it around the bock!

Nice! Good luck with the decision...

Welcome, dgmanny! I was debating between blue and green when I thought to visit Matt a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the service center isn't usually open on Saturdays (by appointment). Nice of him to let you drive around the block, but last weekend Brian at Natick explained the test drive course to me. Get on the Turnpike at exit 13, five miles at highway speed to exit 12 and then back on Route 9 to the mall. Some nice, curving on and off ramps to enjoy.