Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Exterior Wall Connector Installation Ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I'm currently in the process of purchasing a new home. I'm super stoked to finally be able to charge at home. For the last 6 months we've lived in an apartment with no charging options. At the new place there is no garage so I'm going to have to install the Wall Connector on the exterior of the home. Generally not an issue but I'd prefer not to drill into the exterior of the house. So I'm pretty set with putting the Wall Connector near the back of the driveway on a post.

What I'm looking for suggestions on, is interesting enclosures or ways to conceal/hide the Wall Connector when not in use or a place for good cable management.

Thanks!

I used a large electrical box at my office.

IMG_0836.JPEG IMG_0837.JPEG

What I'm looking for suggestions on, is interesting enclosures or ways to conceal/hide the Wall Connector when not in use or a place for good cable management.

This is mostly unnecessary - the wall connector is not unsightly. Every solution to hide the wall connector will be unsightly unless done very well. A very nice solution posted by TydalForce, but it requires a lot of skill, time and effort.

A PVC pipe will come out of the ground and lock into the wall connector. Put some white paint on the post to make it look nice.

Generally not an issue but I'd prefer not to drill into the exterior of the house.

There is no way to get power outside the house without drilling into the house. Unless your circuit breaker is on the outside of the house.

Just saying. The post is a great idea.

Last edited: