Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New features arriving for Model Y in 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please post your new 2021 Model Y features if you received your Model Y after January 2021 mfg date.

I am interested in learning what Tesla is doing for unannounced new features / changes to the Model Y

In particular:

Is your center console the newest design with no piano gloss black finish?

What is the 100% range you are seeing?

Air suspension?

Glove box Thumb drive USB plug for Sentry video storage?

Heated Steering wheel?

HEPA filter with Bioweapon defense?

Double pane side windows?

And anything else you got new and different from prior years mfg...

Why you making this post without reading what else is already being discussed on other threads? You also forgot to mention "New headlights" which is the current big thing people are waiting for to trickle down as right now it's only for MYP.

Heated steering wheel is pretty much standard now on new and usb in glovebox is old as hell no one not getting this rn, Air suspension on the Y?

Air suspension is not in the works, that I'm aware of, for 3/Y, for 2021. Also bear in mind, Tesla doesn't do "model years" like other manufacturers do. They do incremental updates when they're ready.

Please post your new 2021 Model Y features if you received your Model Y after January 2021 mfg date.

I am interested in learning what Tesla is doing for unannounced new features / changes to the Model Y

In particular:

Is your center console the newest design with no piano gloss black finish?

What is the 100% range you are seeing?

Air suspension?

Glove box Thumb drive USB plug for Sentry video storage?

Heated Steering wheel?

HEPA filter with Bioweapon defense?

Double pane side windows?

And anything else you got new and different from prior years mfg...

MFG Date : 02/02/2021
Console = Old (new to me); USB = Yes (128GB); Heated Steering = Yes

Can older version owners of a given model receive (pay for) these incremental updates when released?
It depends. I believe the non auto-dimming side view mirrors can be readily changed to the auto-dimming side mirrors. I recall reading that the front driver and passenger windows can be changed to be laminated glass but have not seen any more information. Many are interested in upgrading to the new heated steering wheel. So far there is no word on whether Tesla will offer this upgrade. The center console can be upgraded, at least one upgrade has been reported.

Can older version owners of a given model receive (pay for) these incremental updates when released?

There is a YT video I saw where a guy ordered the latest Console from Tesla parts. You will need the part number. He tried to install it himself and the car's card reader didn't work but he contacted local SC and they came out and reprogrammed his card reader in the new console.

(1) How I Bricked My Model Y... - YouTube
(1) Tesla Mobile Service Saves the Day! First US Model Y with Gen 2 Console! - YouTube

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
It depends. I believe the non auto-dimming side view mirrors can be readily changed to the auto-dimming side mirrors. I recall reading that the front driver and passenger windows can be changed to be laminated glass but have not seen any more information. Many are interested in upgrading to the new heated steering wheel. So far there is no word on whether Tesla will offer this upgrade. The center console can be upgraded, at least one upgrade has been reported.

What jcanoe said! :)