Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New features arriving for Model Y in 2021

Meto86

Mar 11, 2021
Los Angeles
My MY LR has been scheduled for delivery on March 12-25. I hope i can get with heated steering wheel, new console and updated headlight. My VIN hasn’t been assigned yet. Any idea?

srlawren

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
@Defuser :

giphy.gif

LOL. Seriously though, we're all anxiously awaiting.....

Mar 2, 2021
Michigan
Did you pick up in Michigan? How was your experience at Tesla up in Troy? How long did it take to pickup once you got your VIN?

I got my VIN on Monday and called, it was manufactured that day and they said would likely be on a train to Ohio next day. Then a truck to here. Apparently has to be paid in full before crossing the Ohio border.... Stupid Michigan :/

Michiganmy

Mar 5, 2021
Michigan
Did you pick up in Michigan? How was your experience at Tesla up in Troy? How long did it take to pickup once you got your VIN?

I got my VIN on Monday and called, it was manufactured that day and they said would likely be on a train to Ohio next day. Then a truck to here. Apparently has to be paid in full before crossing the Ohio border.... Stupid Michigan :/
Yes, picked up in Clarkston. They are great there. Super quick and easy. The Troy gallery is ok. The sales lady didn’t really get back some email questions I had, but I ended up just calling Tesla and got the info.
I placed my order on 2/28, had a VIN the next day. I was not expecting that so I had to scramble to get my garage wired for 240 lol

Reactions: WolfHunter1043

Gigaron

Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
It depends. The center console can be upgraded, at least one upgrade has been reported.
Aw RATS! My entire center console had to be replaced two weeks ago because it had failed springs. Wish I had known this.

Attachments

• 6E6F3DE5-862A-433C-AB73-EE07997C78FC.jpeg
    6E6F3DE5-862A-433C-AB73-EE07997C78FC.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 8221AC44-38F5-4C50-A45A-D432BEAF0BFC.jpeg
    8221AC44-38F5-4C50-A45A-D432BEAF0BFC.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Meto86

Mar 11, 2021
Los Angeles
My delivery dates was between March 12 to 25 but now it shows 2-5 weeks. I will go to the delivery location at the weekend and check the headlights for LR and performance. I hope i can get the new headlights.

ldelatorre

Jan 11, 2020
Seminole, FL
I'm glad this thread was started. We just got a new MY (built 2/9/21) and there was no mention on the latest manual anything about an USB port in the glovebox. Went to the car and checked and it was there! Thanks!

Reactions: srlawren

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
As RATS! My entire center console had to be replaced two weeks ago because it had failed springs. Wish I had known this.
Your console was replaced under the Tesla warranty; the console upgrade cost ~$800 as I recall, not including the vehicle owner's labor. (Tesla would not install the new console, only sold the parts.)

monteitis

Feb 15, 2021
Greater Los Angeles Area
My LR was built first week of Feb, vin 118xxx.

Old (but awesome headlamps)
128GB usb came in the glovebox
Haven't charged to 100% but the default 90% shows 291 range so full should about 323
I have the nicer-looking and more spacious original center console :)

Reactions: Plasmid_Boy

TravelFree

Mar 23, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
I saw our local SC just got a huge number of Model Y's in for delivery. They were readying 9 for this afternnon. Every one of them was AWD LR and they all had the new center console and the same headlights. I also saw One Performance models with the upgrade wheels. The headlights all looked the same as the LR AWD with the Gemini wheels.

I need to look for a picture of what the new headlights look like. I did notice all the new inventory that arrived looked different than last years Model Y. But, here's one that I saw on the AWD LR:
IMG_2062.jpg

I believe these are not the new ones since they don't have the round beam on the very outside of the light.

New Headlight.png

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC