TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New finance terms

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Sound, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Sound

Sound Member

I have recent confirmation that the APR for hire purchase has changed from 5.9% to 3.9%. The GMFV promise has also been withdrawn because of "strong residuals on our cars". The APR change represents a significant reduction to the monthly payments for my new Model X 90D, which I am financing over 60 months.

2. DJP31

DJP31 Member

The Design Studio has PCP, with GMFV and hire purchase at 5.9%. Where has this confirmation come from?

3. Sound

Sound Member

From Tesla sales. First by phone yesterday, then confirmed by email. It is described as a "3.9% APR Campaign". I signed up to the offer straight away. It's possible that it's only for HP and not PCP, but I don't know as PCP is of no interest to me.

4. S__B

S__B Member

Interesting, who did you speak to in Sales? I'm about to finalise the finance on my MX order (going PCP) and dropping to 3.9% would make a big difference!

5. Sound

Sound Member

S_B. I'm not willing to name individuals in what was a private correspondence but I strongly suggest you ask about the "3.9% campaign" before you agree to anything. I've given you and others on this forum a head's up on this so it's up to you to negotiate the deal. I'm buying the X as a company car but I don't see that that makes any difference. I also had an earlier offer from the bank at 3.9% but I signed up with Tesla to keep everything in house.

6. inspiraldesign

inspiraldesign New Member

I went to my local branch and the manager gave me a quote of around £500 per month for 30% deposit and 36 monthly payments. After I applied online through the website I received a quote where the monthly payment increased to £600! This is adding £3600 to the total amount. I am not accepted this but waiting for a reply from the finance management.

7. Sound

Sound Member

You need to ask what APR your quotation is based upon. You can only compare quotations between different finance companies and banks if you know the APR. The Tesla 3.9% 'campaign' was for March only.

8. inspiraldesign

We are in March still - I am supposed to be collecting my car tomorrow.

9. inspiraldesign

Here is an update. In the end they honoured the original quote so now I am a happy Tesla owner :)