Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Firmware: 2017.46.9 3628a24 - Anyone get it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah the rollouts have really slowed eh?? Wonder what's coming out soon. They're up to something. I'm predicting auto lane change for AP2 and one FSD feature active before end of 2017!
I’m hoping for something like that too! We usually go about 2 months between major rollouts. Last one was .42, and that would suggest the next big one is right around the corner....

These point releases are just bug fixes. Anything with a .X after the week is not a major release and almost never includes new features. Example: 2017.46 is the main release, and 2017.46.9 is a point release fixing whatever showstopper bugs were in 2017.46.

I wouldn't hunt for new features until we see 2017.48 or, more likely, 2017.50

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
These point releases are just bug fixes. Anything with a .X after the week is not a major release and almost never includes new features. Example: 2017.46 is the main release, and 2017.46.9 is a point release fixing whatever showstopper bugs were in 2017.46.

I wouldn't hunt for new features until we see 2017.48 or, more likely, 2017.50

Here's my guess on how the version numbers work, based on my experience in the software industry. This has probably been discussed elsewhere but I don't care enough to look.

2017.46 is the main release, and is based on the week number that this branch was made from the master/develop branch for release, or whatever their process is to prepare new changes for rollout. Any releases that are yyyy.mm.X are changes or bug fixes to that released branch while main feature development keeps progressing in the master branch. When they're ready to cut the next release, they merge in the bug fix changes, create another new week branch and the process starts over again.

All of that to say, if you're looking for a new "main" release that has meaningful new functionality it will probably be in one of the new week number releases and not one of the hot-fix releases. That's not to say that every main release will have new functionality as there are a multitude of reasons to release from master, but, there you go.

Well, we are (slightly over-) due for *.48, with *.50 due mid-month.

With that said, there are more important things than auto-sensing wipers. Fixing AS, adding granularity to TACC, eliminating speed limit database errors (or releasing a hybrid AP1/AP2 solution that reads signs *and* defaults to a cleaned-up db), or reacting to stop signs all would seem more valuable ways to catch up than wipers. Mine have never cleaned the top third of the windshield adequately, auto-sensing or not. No matter how many replacements or jet modifications.

For what it's worth, I had a service appointment yesterday, which resulted in a new firmware version on my car. Despite 2017.46.9 being a thing at the time of my appointment, I ended up with 2017.46.8 instead. Nothing special in the release notes (standard easy entry/chill mode notes) and no noticable changes in functionality.

For what it's worth, I had a service appointment yesterday, which resulted in a new firmware version on my car. Despite 2017.46.9 being a thing at the time of my appointment, I ended up with 2017.46.8 instead. Nothing special in the release notes (standard easy entry/chill mode notes) and no noticable changes in functionality.

Same here from Saturday. But I just got a notification that there’s a new update. Hoping for .48; will try to carve out some time later today to put it through the usual paces on the usual roads.